Lights out in coach

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kernsm74

All my lights for 30amp just stopped working. Breakers have been tripped and reset. A/C works, outlets work. Something I'm missing here?

If you have an inverter, check the breakers on the front or side of the inverter.

I wouldn't expect this, since receptacles and lights should not be on the same circuit, but check all the GFCI receptacles to see if one of them tripped.

Sounds like your converter has stopped working and your battery(s) may be dead. Do any of your other 12 volt items work? Such as your water pump.

Kernsm74 said:
All my lights for 30amp just stopped working. Breakers have been tripped and reset. A/C works, outlets work. Something I'm missing here?

The items you listed (AC and outlets) all work on 110.  The lights are on 12 volt, so you must be plugged in to 110, but something is wrong with your 12 volt battery.  In my motorhome, the 110 system is on breakers, but the 12 volt system uses fuses.  Have you checked your coach fuse panel?  You might pull one of the ones marked "lights" and see if it is burned out.

And as mentioned above, are you sure your 12 volt batteries are charged and working?  Also, is the switch for 12 volts turned on and have a little red light glowing? 

The items you listed (AC and outlets) all work on 110.  The lights are on 12 volt...
Oops, I was thinking our boat - most of the lights are 120V.

Unplug your AC and see if any of your 12 volt devices work like your power antenna, power awning or water pump. If they don't work, check your battery. If your battery is good check if 12 volts is getting to the fuse panel.

At any rate, his lights are 12v and if they aren't powered, there are a couple possibilities:

1. Fuse for lighting circuit(s) blown
2. Converter/charger not working AND the batteries are dead as well.

Larry...

I'm trying to identify exactly what is not working.

My coach has lights that run on 110 volts AC and other lights that only use 12 volts DC. 

Arch,
Interesting. I've never seen a RV with 110VAC lights that were not plugged into electrical outlets.
You learn something new everyday.

Arch Hoagland said:
Larry...

I'm trying to identify exactly what is not working.

My coach has lights that run on 110 volts AC and other lights that only use 12 volts DC.

OK, Arch -- that's not something I'm familiar with. But what I was pointing out, as I'm sure you've figured out, is that the 30 amp reference wasn't to the lights, but only to the coach configuration; I didn't address AC vs DC, or 12V vs 120V.

Back
Top Bottom