new REVCON owner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bravetoaster

Very excited if somewhat perplexed owner of a 1976 Revcon. I am currently navigating getting it on the road, unit only has about 28,000 kms on it, but has been sitting for a while. Needs new batteries for sure. The interior is immaculate, and it has more gauges than I know what to do with. Exterior looks like it has been through the apocalypse but mostly that the paint has deteriorated.

Would like to get it stripped to the aluminium, but not looking for the super shiny result, more of the dull but clean look. Any tips onanything about this super cool, retro, machine greatly appreciated.

Have named it the Brave little travelling Toaster as it sure looks like one.

Attachments

• IMG_2327.JPG
    IMG_2327.JPG
    132.1 KB · Views: 53
Welcome to The RV Forum. Congrats on the Revcon, you bought a classic!

Revcon paved the way for the GMC motorhome - Revcon came up with the idea of using the Oldsmobile Toronado drivetrain in a motorhome and GM required them to do extensive stress testing to prove the drivetrain would hold up under motorhome use.  Then after Revcon proved the concept GM came out with their own motorhome using the Toronado drivetrain.

http://www.revcon.org/What

Welcome to the RVForum bravetoaster. I didn't know that Lou. Interesting. Boy, restoring that would be a neat project... lots of work and fairly pricey, but fun nonetheless. Keep us posted on how it's going.

Kev 

I will find those revcon groups. I had never heard of them until this 76 popped up for sale in Peterborough Ontario. Did as much research as we could then made the 3 hour drive to meet it and thought it was a great mental health project to take on during the pandemic. Currently with a mechanic who is very enthusiastic about it, which is great. Hoping to have it on the road by the end of next week, and my wife and daughter are anxious to get on with the redecoration. I will post progress!

Brave,

Your Revcon driveline is actually from a Toronado.  The GMCs use many parts that are different.  So, if you are doing much of anything, it may serve you well to contact the GMC motorhome suppliers.  There are four and they will be helpful.  You also need to make contact with Springfield Ignition.  This guy knows about us.

Springfield Ignition
3956 Line 11 North
RR #3 Coldwater, Ontario L0K 1E0
Phone: (705) 325-4554
Fax: (705) 325-3569

Matt

At this point I don't know much about this unit and what has already been upgraded. I am seeing that people have changed the rims to get to a more common tire size, upgraded the alternators etc. My mechanic is in Chesterville so it is a bit of a hike from Ottawa. Once I have it home I will crawl around on a voyage of discovery!

Back
Top Bottom