RIP Bob Maxwell

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
It was with deep sadness that we heard of the passing of forum staffer Bob Maxwell yesterday morning (9/20). We currently have no further details, and will share what we can when it becomes available. Some of us know that Bob had fought several illnesses the last few years.

Bob was a founder member of this forum, and was our forum Chaplain. He was also an RV industry veteran, having been the Marketing Manager for one of the RV manufacturers.

We extend our sincere condolences to Bob's wife Betty and their family.

How sad. I spent several wonderful days visiting with Bob and Betty whenever I was in their neighborhood. Wonderful people. He will be missed.

Attachments

• Tom 2016.jpg
    Tom 2016.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 81
Never had the Privilege of standing in the man's presence but I am without doubt that hundreds possibly thousands of people benefited from his "Know How" / eXpertise.

RV Icons are impossible to be replaced.

May the Spirits watch over your soul and Family. 

RIP Mr. Maxwell 

Sad news indeed. Bob was a neat guy, and I was fortunate enough to have visited with him several times at Quartzsite, as well as enjoying his postings here.

Condolences to Betty and family.

The last time I saw Bob in person was when he was in hospital in Albuquerque, a long way from his home in Holbrook, Az. Report here. He made it home, and I've talked with him on the phone a couple of times since, regrettably not very recently.

Such sad news. He fought so hard but I know that his faith kept him strong. RIP Bob. ?

RIP Bob,

He initiated a Chivalry for me and Terry  when we married in 1997 at an RVForum Rally in Colorado.  He shared that he would have been happy to officiate at our wedding..... He cared for others and fought a good fight with numerous health issues. Hugs to his family! from his Framily !

Oh goodness.  Another one I never knew, but felt like I knew him just because of his posts on the forum.  Rest in Peace.  My condolences to his family.

I never met Bob, but I know he commanded much respect from those who knew him.  His wisdom will be missed.  Condolences for his family.

My condolences to his family.

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting him but I've read many of his post on the forum. A great loss but his contributions to the RV Forum shall keep his memory alive for a long time.

We had first hand knowledge of Bob as he spent several nights with us at QZ as well as we with he and his wife at their home.  In addition there were a couple of memorable dinners one in SC and one in NM.
We will miss him.  RIP Bob.

We did not get the pleasure of meeting Bob, but he seemed like a true gentleman.  He was obviously keen to keep the Wednesday chats going as he often posted about them until he became ill. 

I hope his family find comfort in knowing he was very well liked and highly respected.

This is such sad news.  Bob was one of the first RV Forum people we met at the first Centermost rally (Estes Park, Colorado 1997) and he had such fun planning and leading that Chiverie for the Brewers on their first night at the rally.  Bob was unique!  As our RV Forum Chaplain he always was there with a kind word when someone was grieving or needed moral support.  He also enjoyed having fun.  Bob wasn't real fond of high places but he really wanted to drive up the Ridge Trail in Rocky Mountain National Park so he and Bev piled into the back seat of our little blue Geo Tracker and off we went.  What a fun day it was, full of laughter - and he didn't have to drive it so all was well.  The attached picture which was taken at that same rally is memorable.  Jerry is on the left, Bob is in the middle and Ed Juge, our RV Forum founder, is on the right.  We will miss our old friend.  Rest in peace, Father Bob.

ArdraF and JerryF

Attachments

• 3GUYS-1.jpg
    3GUYS-1.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 55
Thanks Ardra. I was looking for that photo to post.

Back
Top Bottom