Marker/running light fuse location 2013 Itasca 231RP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gpdave

Help! Another Motorhome electrical mystery! I need to locate the marker light fuse  for 2013 Itasca 231RP, Impulse Silver. I have no marker/running lights but all turn and stop work.
I may have shorted out the circuit installing a new trailer plug ( next time I will disconnect the battery).
I have pulled the fuse #22 that the Ford manual indicates for marker lights, the fuse is good and I noticed that fuse #22 only controls the front marker lights associated with the head lamps.
So it seems there must be another fuse or breaker the controls all the marker lights mounted on the coach.
I have talked to Ford customer service, Winnebago service and the service department where we purchased the coach,
no one had a clue where to look.

Welcome. That's quite a head scratcher you have there, troubleshooting with no wiring diagram is going to be difficult. I'm not sure how well this would work but you could try toning out the marker light wiring. Buy a tone tracer set at Lowes or HD, remove all of the marker lights and put the tone generator on the marker wiring and attempt to find the tone somewhere in the dash area.

I've also had very strange lighting problems caused by the multi-stalk arm (turn signal arm.) Did you ask Winnebago Owner Relations for help or your local dealer?

I did talk to Winnebago Service and they really didn't help. I do have a specific wiring diagram for the maker/running lights for this model from Winnebago, however the schematic does not show the origin of the circuit!
A Tone tracer sounds like it might be helpful, is it different than a continuity tester?

A tone tracer has two distinct parts - one of them is the tone generator and the second part is the probe/speaker. You clip the generator on the wire of interest (the conductor) and turn it on in the tone position. The probe has to be inserted near the suspect wiring and you listen for the tone. It is difficult to nail down a particular wire out of a bundle but at least you get an idea of the general location. If you mess with wiring this device is really, really handy.

2013 Impulse 231RP Silver

I have located the fuse for the coach marker/running lights and is called trailer marker it is 20 am fuse located located at position 57 in the engine control fuse cluster. So Winnebago has used this, #57, circuit for all the coach marker and license light as well as the feed for marker lights at the trailer connection.
Fuse #22 in the passenger compartment fuse cluster which is labeled marker lights only controls marker lights that were installed by Ford, in this case only the two marker , one each side, lights mounted in tandem with the head lamps.

Back
Top Bottom