1989 National Dolphin2740

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DnutZ8961

Hello,
  We recently bought a 89 dolphin 2740. We would appreciate any guides and tips for finding an Owners manual. The man we purchased it from new nothing of mechanics let alone the RV world. I know the post shouldn't be extended but as stated before We are new to the RVing life and want to ensure our dolphin is restored externally and interior as well. Also I've tried google my year is few and far between on blogs, also a Toyota dolphin seems to always have information. So Any and all Information that anyone has to share is greatly appreciated.
1989 national dolphin 2740 27ft 454 GMC motor, has water damage in all ceiling vents, missing center dash equipment. cracked windshield on passenger side, was told it had been winterized and not drove in 2 years. I do Not Know how to connect any houses for water or plumbing, also shower plumbing is disconnected , power runs while connect to ac, but no power while in motion. the generator isn't kicking on, also was unsure of the batteries we need it seemed has issues staying charged.alot of minor issues. But a Blessing of a deal and well worth the remod, Just needed the help of some more experienced RV owners.

1st,welcome to the forum.
In my opinion, you purchased a huge money pit but if you?re up to the task to fix it up, we?re here to help.
Start out by creating a post for every issue you have. You?ve got so many right now, it?s going to be hard to keep track of them unless you do that. Don?t be concerned whether you?re putting the question in the correct category. If a staff member feels that it would get better exposure in another category, they?ll just move it. Good luck with your adventure.

Welcome to the forum. Chances of finding an owner's manual for that rig are slim, since they were uncommon back then. But for the various devices in the Dolphin, such as stove, furnace, etc., there well may be manuals on line. In any case, you can peruse our library (button near the top of the page) and wander through the various articles which include a lot of helpful information, including checklists, tips for newcomers, troubleshooting tips and more. There's also a glossary button that can help you with terminology. You also can search for previous posts on a specific subject.

But, as Rene said, you can also post whatever questions you have to get help. In any case, you certainly have a lot of work and learning ahead of you in a variety of fields, but thankfully there are some folks here who have a broad range of knowledge and experience to assist.

Good luck and welcome.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoyL57
Back
Top Bottom