rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Daddy do item  (Read 264 times)

Hfx_Cdn

• ---
Daddy do item
« on: October 11, 2020, 12:23:46 PM »
     Our daughter, SIL and family live over 900 miles from us.  Due to the pandemic, and her job in our National Department of Health, she has been working 24/7 since February.  This is our Thanksgiving long weekend, so she and their family decided to go camping in their pop up with the neighbour.  When they started down the road, the neighbour who was driving behind noticed their brake lights were not working.  ( I have told them multiple times not to move until the check the brake and running lights). They were near to their trailer dealership, but the service department was closed for the long weekend.  So, our phone rings, and it is dad how do we fix it!.  I had them try the running lights, they didn't work either, so I knew in all likely hood it was a loose ground connection, and to check the white wires from the TT to the back of the car.
     Sure enough, the white wire where the 7 pin connector was attached to the wiring harness was loose.  30 second fix, and they were on their way, but just another instance of what a Post Graduate university degree does not teach you.

Ed
Ed & Donna
Winter-Pinellas Park FL, Summer- Maritime Canada
2000 Coachmen Catalina 34' DP (owned 2004 to 2015)
2006 Jeep Liberty Toad

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
Re: Daddy do item
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2020, 12:39:21 PM »
Once a dad, always a dad .  I also get calls once in a while still
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 01:05:55 PM »
I don’t have to worry about it. Our SIL can fix almost anything.  “...but just another instance of what a Post Graduate university degree does not teach you”. I have an M.Ed but also have an associates degree in HVAC. Best of both worlds.
Retired Air Force
Retired DoD Chief, Education & Training
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?

John From Detroit

• ---
  • ^My New Home^
    • Diabetics Forum
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2020, 05:34:39 AM »
Gee..  I have two pieces of wall paper from a 2 year college One is a science degree.
The other... Well it just happens to be an electronics certification. They teach us to check the white wire.  Among others.
Nothing adds excitement like something that is none of your business
My Home is where I park it.

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Phormer Phantom Phixer
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2020, 08:28:09 AM »
I spent over 35 years as an automotive tech.  I also have 5 sons.  I think I average about 2 calls a week asking for repair assistance over the phone.
Heck, a couple of them call me for help fixing their friend's cars.
Wally Crow
Retired 30+ year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53   "Kobayashi Maru"
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
FMCA F494768

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Oldgator73

• ---
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2020, 08:52:02 AM »
I spent over 35 years as an automotive tech.  I also have 5 sons.  I think I average about 2 calls a week asking for repair assistance over the phone.
Heck, a couple of them call me for help fixing their friend's cars.

I can do just about anything needs to be done electrical, plumbing, carpentry but automotive wise I have to take it elsewhere. My biggest problem is I can’t squat or kneel so anything down low is out of the question.
Retired Air Force
Retired DoD Chief, Education & Training
2016 Winnie Drop
2016 Nissan Frontier
1952 Wife
Do you know the difference between Education and Training: Would you rather your daughter take sex Education or sex Training?