Wireless HDMI extenders-- do they work?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jymbee

Our Dish receiver can feed the front TV and the main living room TV, but there's no HDMI cable from that to the bedroom TV. If any of these HDMI extenders work that would be the easiest option but I see reviews & prices all over the place. Don't need 4k or gaming, just want to watch Dish content on the TV in the bedroom

When I installed a media server in the front of our coach, I was able to run a one-way HDMI cable about 30 feet to our rear bedroom TV, but try as I might (and I tried) I could not figure out how to snake an HDMI cable out through one of our slides to our outside entertainment center.

I've never been a fan of going wireless when it comes to HD TV, but since I couldn't figure out how to run a cable, I ended up installing a wireless HDMI transmitter/receiver that's branded "Actiontec" https://www.amazon.com/Actiontec-Wireless-Transmitter-Receiver-MWTVKIT01/dp/B00LSS10PM

It costs about $150.00 and it has worked perfectly for nearly two years. There are cheaper systems out there, but this one got pretty good reviews. In our setup, the receiver is only about 10 feet from the transmitter, which partially explains why it works so well, but it has never hiccuped once. Very happy with it.

Kev

I've been using an Actiontec model similar to what Kevin linked above for around 6 years now.  It's obviously a significantly older model, but has performed well.  Every few months something goes weird, but a power cycle fixes it right up. 

Mine came with a teeny IR receiver for the TV side, which transmits the remote signal to an IR transmitter you place over the receiver on the cable box.  My TV is in our family room, with the transmitter and cable box down the stairs into the basement, about 25-30 feet from the TV.  Crystal clear picture with no interference.

There is a tiny lag from when you press your remote button to when it reacts, but it was easy to get used to.  Well worth it to avoid ANY visible cables or boxes.  All you see is the TV on the wall.  Receiver is tucked behind it out of sight. 

Back
Top Bottom