Tow Car Protection

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason70

Found a great new product called TransitShield it's just like the suff you see on new cars. This is perfect for rough roads in Alaska it will protect your paint and glass. Some classis cars people told me about it. It's cheap and easy to put on. Let me know what you guy's think about it.

Jason70 said:
Found a great new product called TransitShield it's just like the suff you see on new cars. This is perfect for rough roads in Alaska it will protect your paint and glass. Some classis cars people told me about it. It's cheap and easy to put on. Let me know what you guy's think about it.

I'm not sure it is thick enough to protect against the stones the cars encounter in Alaska. It isn't something you'd want to leave on permanently and you'd have to remove it from the windshield whenever you drive. 50 sq' cost about $18 so it could get expensive to reapply frequently, which you would do in Alaska.

Since it is a one-time- use product, you will need a substantial roll if you travel to Alaska. Unless of course you rarely remove it from the car when driving.

I did not see any data on the thickness of the material and, like Bernie, wonder if it will stand up to larger pieces of gravel.  I doubt if it would do any good on the windshield or headlights, which crack due to impact (momentum) rather than scratch. 

Please let us know your experience with this material, since it seems like something that is easy to use and reasonably priced.

For other readers: See www.transitshield.com

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom