rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Central Florida Campground Recommendations  (Read 387 times)

Jeff R

• ---
Central Florida Campground Recommendations
« on: October 20, 2020, 09:42:23 AM »
Hello all.  Headed to central Florida for about a month from 2/12 thru 3/12 more or less.  Recently retired so this is my first snow bird experience and just trying to get some intel on possible campgrounds in the Clermont/Kissimmee/Lakeland area.  Have done some searching but there are so many it's hard to sort through all there is.  Will be pulling a full sized 5th wheel.  Looking for basically a place to park and not so much for a resort with pool, clubhouse, etc. as I will not be spending much time at the campground.  Pet friendly is a must.  Otherwise my needs are simple and don't feel like paying for resort amenities that I will likely not use.  Suggestions appreciated. 

Thanks
Jeff

SeilerBird

• ---
Re: Central Florida Campground Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2020, 10:18:06 AM »
I have been living full time in my fifth wheel at the Floridian Resort in St Cloud and I love the place. The online reviews are all terrible. The park changed ownership last year and things are improving.

Rob VanVoorhis

• ---
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2020, 06:42:31 PM »
Torrey Oaks in Bowling Green about 35 miles south of Lakeland, nice park large spots
Rob VanVoorhis
2019 Ford F350 Power Stroke Dually
2019 Montana High Country 375FL
Awesome Wife & Fred Our Yorkie
Retired
USN Vietnam Era

flagolfer

• ---
  • One of these days. . .
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2021, 07:29:50 AM »
The Orlando/Kissimmee was nice and I would stay there again.  My only caveat is that WiFi reception was just about non-existent.  The turn into the KOA from Seven Dwarf Lane is pretty tight.  Check out Lake Cecile Dr which gives you access to the rear of the park and a straight approach to the office.  Lake Cecile Dr and Seven Dwarfs run parallel to each other and perpendicular to W Irlo Bronson Memorial Hwy.