Transmission won't engage

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Thorowner

Hello!
I have a 1993 Thor with a 5.9 Cummins and the Allison AT542 4 speed.  I purchased this as a salvaged repo (cheap) and towed it home. I have been slowly going through things . RV wise everything functions.  The coach only has 42k miles on it and the Cummins runs excellent.  Once I got it running the Transmission won't go into gear,  or at least it doesn't seem like it is. It was missing the driveline which I replaced and had a broken brake line which I also replaced and bled the system. The brake indicator light on the panel stays on but the parking brake light goes out when I switch it out of "PB" into any gear. This is the cable shift Allison NOT the keypad type and I have verified it's moving the linkage at the Transmission.  I sure do hope someone can shed some light on this for me.
Thanks in advance! Marc

Hi and thank you. Yes I did check the fluid level. I probably should have mentioned that in my post.
Marc

If it has been setting for a very long time,, you may have to run it at high idle for a while( or higher) until the torque converter fills internally..  If you do that and no joy, then recheck the level and see if it's down.>>>Dan  ( The 5.9 is a great engine, you will love it..  I have it's big brother the 8.3 non electronic,, when shoving a big box around,, 10 MPG ain't chopped liver...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MsWebster
Back
Top Bottom