Happy Halloween!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ex-Calif

I almost bagged Halloween this year. Wasn't feeling the spirit, so to speak but at the 11th hour I changed my mind. Decorated the front stoop with my normal lights and stuff.

We did a "socially distanced" Halloween - set up a candy stand with a help yourself sign.

Glad we did - had about 8 groups and captured some good moments on the ring camera. Woulda been sad for the kids if no one played...

Good kids - No one emptied the bowl and there were actually left overs...

Attachments

• halloweensm.jpg
    halloweensm.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 27
I would like to see the Full top left pic, LOL. 

Different vibe to the event this year for sure. 

JD

We live in a new construction area, and our neighbors are mostly people with young families. We didn?t know if they would come out this year or not, so we made up 90 bags of treats, just in case. We sat in our garage, and Kevin delivered the bags to the kids via a remote controlled dump truck. It was great fun! We ran out of bags before 7:00 (our city?s official time was 6-8), but most of the littles had been through by then. The vast majority were safe family groups of 1-3 kids, but there was one huge group of 6-8 adults and at least 10 kids, not recommended.

I'm glad you did that Dan. It's sad to see kids get robbed of such a fun tradition due to things beyond their control. I'll bet they really appreciated it.

Kev

I have noticed our neighborhood turning over. When I got here 4 years ago it was 99% old folks. Maybe 2 tricksters.  Lately I am seeing more families with strollers.

I think the boomers are selling on and moving to Florida... Nice to see the neighborhood regenerating... I'd say the average house around here was built in the mid-late 60's...

My house still has a screw in glass fuse box in the kitchen - since rewired a couple times. One coax outlet in the living room and 2 phone jacks - LOL...

8 tricksters wasn't great but not bad considering what a dung-show this year has been...

Ex-Calif said:
I have noticed our neighborhood turning over. When I got here 4 years ago it was 99% old folks. Maybe 2 tricksters.  Lately I am seeing more families with strollers.

I think the boomers are selling on and moving to Florida... Nice to see the neighborhood regenerating... I'd say the average house around here was built in the mid-late 60's...

My house still has a screw in glass fuse box in the kitchen - since rewired a couple times. One coax outlet in the living room and 2 phone jacks - LOL...

8 tricksters wasn't great but not bad considering what a dung-show this year has been...

Dan we did the reverse of you and your family. 

We bought a 3/2/1, small new 1115 sq ft in the Hood built in 2019.  My Property Tax came out and I complained about the Shack looking how not far away and got my tax lowered a $150.  ;D so, there is a Silver Lining to living in a crappy neighborhood.

Actually I feel that Re-Gentrification vibe here too.  If this property was in San Antonio or Austin, not far away, location somewhat dependent, it would be Obscene Prices.  Not Here though. Lot's of the big cities in Texas the City GOV got their hand in the city Water and Electric "game" so avoid those Metro areas like that.  Unless you like that kind of stuff. 

JD

X-Roughneck said:
Dan we did the reverse of you and your family. 

We bought a 3/2/1, small new 1115 sq ft in the Hood built in 2019.  My Property Tax came out and I complained about the Shack looking how not far away and got my tax lowered a $150.  ;D so, there is a Silver Lining to living in a crappy neighborhood.

Actually I feel that Re-Gentrification vibe here too.  If this property was in San Antonio or Austin, not far away, location somewhat dependent, it would be Obscene Prices.  Not Here though. Lot's of the big cities in Texas the City GOV got their hand in the city Water and Electric "game" so avoid those Metro areas like that.  Unless you like that kind of stuff. 

JD

We moved San Antonio from Japan in 1993. Big culture shock. We didn?t worry about the kids in Japan but SA was a different story. We purchased a house in a new development and thought we would stay there until my retirement. The kids were miserable at school with all the gang activity. We lived in that house for a year and the base housing office called and asked if we wanted a house on base (Lackland). We put a sign in the yard and sold the house in about a week. The kids went to school on base (about a three minute walk from our house). Our son?s graduating class had 23 kids. He loved it. No crime. We could walk to the commissary and Base Exchange. We hated San Antonio.

Oldgator73 said:
We moved San Antonio from Japan in 1993. Big culture shock. We didn?t worry about the kids in Japan but SA was a different story. We purchased a house in a new development and thought we would stay there until my retirement. The kids were miserable at school with all the gang activity. We lived in that house for a year and the base housing office called and asked if we wanted a house on base (Lackland). We put a sign in the yard and sold the house in about a week. The kids went to school on base (about a three minute walk from our house). Our son?s graduating class had 23 kids. He loved it. No crime. We could walk to the commissary and Base Exchange. We hated San Antonio.

Look at the roadways coming from the South.  I can only imagine what is coming up from the border, people, contraband.  San Antonio is a Rough City.  Be where you need to be by Dark.  ;D 

My Nephew got Murdered Shot point blank down by the Downtown Medical Center areas in Sep 1988, so you are preaching to the choir. 

I played the game living in that  SOP city for almost 11 years, back when I was in search of money. 

I was pretending like I was Dyslexic earlier above in this reply. 

You will have to read between the lines to figure out how deep my Love goes to Old San Antone.  ;)

JD

Glad the kids got to enjoy Halloween. We're rural so no action here but my folks get plenty in the city. Dad rigged up a 5' long piece of 3" PVC so mom could sit on the porch and slide the goodies down the pipe into their pumpkins.

Oldgator73 said:

I wasn't military but "expated" for 30 years. 6 years in Japan was amazing. Awesomely safe. Singapore was the same way. My kid went to "expat" schools big ones for sure but absolutely top notch. After my divorce he went with mom to Seattle. Turned into an idiot for 5 years after joining in the ridiculous US public school system...

Eventually I got him back and he finished up in Singapore.

Ex-Calif said:
I wasn't military but "expated" for 30 years. 6 years in Japan was amazing. Awesomely safe. Singapore was the same way. My kid went to "expat" schools big ones for sure but absolutely top notch. After my divorce he went with mom to Seattle. Turned into an idiot for 5 years after joining in the ridiculous US public school system...

Eventually I got him back and he finished up in Singapore.

My Better half is still waiting until the time is right to take that trip sitting there in a credit status with AA.  She had a Ticket Departing this Past Month with AA to Singapore Sep 2020 that of course has been on hold since the COVID.  Purchased the Ticket in January right before.  Luckily for me, as I never purchase the insurance on the Ticket, and of course it was non refundable, but the GOV I think turned the screws on the airlines to at least allow rebooking on these buy at your own risk lower fares.  The no fee stuff still cost slightly, but I didn't eat the cost of a $1100 tix so was not too terribly mad.  She has until 31 December to complete the trip.

JD

X-Roughneck said:
My Better half is still waiting until the time is right to take that trip sitting there in a credit status with AA.  She had a Ticket Departing this Past Month with AA to Singapore Sep 2020 that of course has been on hold since the COVID.  Purchased the Ticket in January right before.  Luckily for me, as I never purchase the insurance on the Ticket, and of course it was non refundable, but the GOV I think turned the screws on the airlines to at least allow rebooking on these buy at your own risk lower fares.  The no fee stuff still cost slightly, but I didn't eat the cost of a $1100 tix so was not too terribly mad.  She has until 31 December to complete the trip.

JD

I certainly hope she has a chance to use it.

Ex-Calif said:
I certainly hope she has a chance to use it.

NEXT Year 31 December 2021. 

OOPs so another 13 months, she said she was going to shift it to go see her Mom Probably in the ROK when she does jump on the plane.  I hate those Flights! 

17 Hours to Singapore Non Stop from Dallas I think it is LONG!.  ROK is a real but Kicker but that Long Haul is just a stop over with More cramped pain to go on that last leg. 

Glad not going  Dallas to Australia!  That would be a real Adventure in Patients for me.  I am lacking a bit of civility sometimes and that could get it flaired up. 

Bring the better half down to TX some time and we can fire Up some BBQ.  I know a few Tricks! The most important is cook it yourself so it is cheap.

I got 30 Amp service here at Launch Pad.

BTW I loved that "Confession" thread.. Laughed until I Cried!

Absolute Grammatical Masterpiece!

JD

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chewys79
Back
Top Bottom