Virgin River Gorge, I-15 UT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

richclover

So...  I-215 east side of Salt Lake City was the usual OMG, after the usual OMG down I-80, Parleys Canyon.  Heavy, very heavy traffic, I-15, to Springville, UT, good break at the Walmart there. 

Great overnight at the Fillmore, UT, KOA.  All lanes open in the Virgin River Gorge, but the 55 mph speed limit is largely ignored.  Except for my wife and I in 2 rigs southbound  ;)

PS Our RV park in Mesquite is open.  Bring a mask to NV.

richclover said:
So...  I-215 east side of Salt Lake City was the usual OMG, after the usual OMG down I-80, Parleys Canyon.  Heavy, very heavy traffic, I-15, to Springville, UT, good break at the Walmart there. 

Great overnight at the Fillmore, UT, KOA.  All lanes open in the Virgin River Gorge, but the 55 mph speed limit is largely ignored.  Except for my wife and I in 2 rigs southbound  ;)

PS Our RV park in Mesquite is open.  Bring a mask to NV.
I lived in SLC until a couple of years ago. I didn?t take the east side I-215 even in a car unless forced to! I always recommend I-80 to I-84 to US 89 to I-15 right through town. The I-84 canyon is less steep and has prettier views. It sounds complicated, but it is well signed. And the Virgin River Gorge is definitely a pretty sight. Cars take it faster, but most of the truck and RV traffic keeps right at the speed limit.

Right Kevin, the east side 215 can get crazy.  Parleys Canyon, mid morning, was worse with the usual semis with pup trailers doing 25-30 in the right lane and the helter skelter crowd doing 75-85 in the left.  With lane jumping like crazy.

We made the same mistake first trip last November thinking that staying on the interstate through Salt Lake would be easier and safer.  Not! 

Our usual route has been I-80 west to US 189, through Heber, Provo Canyon, Provo, I-15 south.  That?s a much less stressful ride with lots more safe places to pull over should a problem arise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom