What's it like at Star Valley Ranch Resort?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

arcticfox2005

For the first time in 22 years, we did not go to SVRR for the summer. It seems that for the last few years, things have been going steadily downhill - poor maintenance, lousy wifi, general disinterest on the part of management to make anything better, etc.

At this point we are considering never going back.

So, if you spent some time there this past summer, what are your thoughts? The location is about the best you could imagine, but the owner/operators need to do their part. Am I right? Am I wrong?

Please give me your input.

We've been lot owners at SVRR for several years, and were there this summer (we waited a month or so, until SV Health Authority told me on the phone that it was 'safe' to go). Just thinking aloud ...

I'm not sure I totally share your observations, but I don't have your long history at SVRR. There are certainly things that could be different/better.

A couple or three years ago I was quite impressed to find one of the owners down in a 'hole', helping find and fix the cause of a leak at one of their campground sites.

I've always found the other owner and his staff at "the office" to be readily available when I wish to discuss something.

This year we both commented (among ourselves) on the need for repairs to a peripheral road, but didn't (yet) complain/ask about it.

Park Wifi is provided by the local communications company, and it became clear our first year that reception was a function of proximity to one of their towers. I chose to rent a DSL modem from the comms company, and use my VZW Jetpack as a backup. Not a lot different from what I've experienced at numerous campgrounds/parks.

One significant change we've seen the last two years is the rate of progress on the planned extension of the park. This was a part of the pitch we received from one of the owners when we previously considered buying a 'new' lot, although we eventually bought from a private owner.
At this point we are considering never going back.
You pays your money and you takes your choice. I wouldn't attempt to influence your decision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom