rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Leak in water/sewer bay.  (Read 300 times)

garyb1st

• ---
Leak in water/sewer bay.
« on: November 20, 2020, 07:02:05 PM »
Fortunately it the water and not sewer that leaking.  I can see the leak but am not able access it to make the repair.  Actually I could try but I'd be doing it blind.  I have problems when I can see the issue. >:(  It's behind the face, or whatever it's called, of the cabinet.  It's held in place by 9 or 10 screws.  I've loosened all the screws but the face piece does not move. 

Does anyone know how to remove this piece?  I haven't tried removing any of the various faucet handles and drain levers yet.  I expect I will need to do that eventually but can't imagine they're keeping the panel from pulling off. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
Re: Leak in water/sewer bay.
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2020, 07:24:19 PM »
Pictures may help. As it is right now, I donít have a clue as to what youíre talking about.
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 07:41:32 PM »
This is not mine but it will give you a similar water bay pix. 

It's from a post, our administrator Tom made a number of years ago on behalf of a friend. 

http://www.rvforum.net/SMF_forum/index.php/topic,9011.msg80780.html#msg80780
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

Poverty exists not because we cannot feed the poor, but because we cannot satisfy the rich.

Gary RV_Wizard

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • RVer Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2020, 08:25:16 AM »
While conceptually similar, photos of a Winnie Vectra aren't enough alike to help with a problem on a Pace Arrow. Not even the same manufacturer!  Each model or year tends to be a little different, so you just have to fiddle around until you figure out what is preventing movement and whether you need to disconnect water lines to get enough slack to get access.

Yes, the plumbing fixtures/hoses could be holding the cover plate in place. The plumbing face plate on my '04 Tradition (also a Fleetwood product, like yours) required considerable wiggling to break loose, especially the edge that was under an adjacent flange.
Gary
--------------
Gary Brinck
Summers: Black Mountain, NC
Home: Ocala National Forest, FL

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2020, 08:52:41 AM »
While conceptually similar, photos of a Winnie Vectra aren't enough alike to help with a problem on a Pace Arrow. Not even the same manufacturer!  Each model or year tends to be a little different, so you just have to fiddle around until you figure out what is preventing movement and whether you need to disconnect water lines to get enough slack to get access.

Yes, the plumbing fixtures/hoses could be holding the cover plate in place. The plumbing face plate on my '04 Tradition (also a Fleetwood product, like yours) required considerable wiggling to break loose, especially the edge that was under an adjacent flange.

Thanks.  I'll post some pictures once the DW is up. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2020, 04:44:41 PM »
Here are several pix of the water bay and one pix of the pex connection (at least I think it's pex) that is leaking.  Replacing the connection probably makes more sense and easier than pulling the cover.  The problem is I can't get close enough to see what I'm doing.  I'd also like to check all the other connections if I can remove the cover. 

The water bay side view shows how the cover is connected to the motorhome.  I've loosened the screws that secure it to the motorhome but it still will not move.  Even if I insert a screw driver on the bottom flange, it will not pull away more than maybe a quarter inch.  Same with the corner as shown on the close up pix.  It's like there's an industrial grade glue holding it in place.  The other corner view is just to see more of the enclosure.   

As best I can tell, I've loosened every screw. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

8Muddypaws

• ---
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2020, 07:10:58 PM »
I have a similar set up.  Do you have a water filter up in there?  I had a similar leak for a long time and it 'went away' when I changed the filter and used silicone lube on the o-ring.,

Have you tried using a mirror to see up in there?  That may allow you to see how the plate is attacked.  (And when you figure it out let me know!  My water pump is up there!  Yours may be as well).
Retired computer professional
Musician, songwriter,  mediocre guitar player.
2006 Bounder 34H, 2014 Edge Towed

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2020, 07:29:00 PM »
Water filter and pump on other side of coach.  Tried the mirror which might work if I had 3 hands.  I will take a mirror to see if there is anything on the inside holding the thing in place.  The leak is actually from the area that I used some kind of putty tape.  That didn't work.   I'll let you know if/when I can get it off. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

SargeW

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Life is better on the road!
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2020, 09:10:28 AM »
Gary, unfortunately all of those other fixtures on the face of the water bay panel will have to be removed, like the faucet and hook up for the water inlet. Its the same in my rig as I have a bad diverter valve that needs replaced. Pull all of those screws completely out and then wiggle it to see if there is any slack in the panel to get behind it. 

The engineers that design and build these rigs give little thought as to how they may need to be serviced sometime down the road.
Marty--
2017 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40SP
Cummins ISL 450 HP/Powerglide chassis
2018 JLU Jeep Sahara
Support your local Police Officer, Fire Fighter and Military!
Visit our travel blog! http://www.mytripjournal.com/rvnchick2020

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2020, 10:13:35 AM »
Agree the faucets etc. will need to come off.  I just didn't want to do that and still not be able to get the cover off.  It's possible but doesn't feel like the faucets or levers are holding it in place. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler