Happy Thanksgiving to all

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
It's that time of year, and we have much to be thankful for. We arrived at SFO 40 years ago with just the clothes on our backs, and worked our tails off to build a new life in our new land.

Regrettably, we're not physically close to many family members, but have traveled to see them and they to see us multiple times.

Over the years, we've celebrated Thanksgiving in different parts of the World, with family &/or friends, and multiple times just Chris and I. They were all memorable events, but we should mention some:

- The multi-course Thanksgiving dinner at the Hong Kong Harbour Hotel 30+ years ago.
- The time we were berthed (alone) at a marina on the California Delta.
- Several years Chris cooked turkey for Sea Ray Club members on a rotisserie in the cockpit of our boat.
- One year we were berthed at South Beach Harbor on San Francisco Bay (by the Bay Bridge). Chris cooked the turkey on a rotisserie in our cockpit, and people were coming out of their boats to follow the wonderful aroma.

Thanksgiving dinner with family can't be beat, and we'll miss that this year. But we'll still celebrate the things we're thankful for. Chris is always well prepared/organized  for these events, and we'll have a great celebration dinner.

Happy Thanksgiving to our extended family and friends. Hopefully, we'll celebrate together in future years.

Thank you.  Hopefully we're close to getting this virus behind us and Thanksgiving and most likely the Christmas holidays will be the last time we'll need to enjoy the company of our children and friends via face-time or whatever. 

Thanks Jackie. Some of our family lives in the valleys of South Wales.

Wishing everyone a happy and safe Thanksgiving holiday. Wish I could be with my friends and family, but I've got a serious aversion to ICUs and ventilators. However, I'm thankful that the pandemic will eventually pass. I can accept the delayed gratification and joy when normal returns.

I do agree we have lots to be thankful for.  Last week, as many know, I spent 2 days in Hospital (5 hour procedure and follow up recovery/observation procedure started 8am. fully recovered did not happen till 6am so I had to stay overnight.. as planned)  yesterday Was a tad more exciting than planned as I picked up a drive through lunch and hit the road for Port Huron. New office for the doctor (he has 2 now) I've never been to.. no sooner did I hit the freeway than I noticed the Battery ICON on my dash (Alternator fault light) OH !!!!! Will I make it (yes no problem, in fact NO PROBLEM)  Got there dug out the plug in volt meter.. NORMAL alternator working voltage. False indication of trouble (GOOD NEWS #1)

Into the Doctors...  First person who examined me (not sure if Doctor or think Intern) reported to Doctor "he's doing very well" I commented "She just said my favorite words".  I go back in 2 months for additional routine testing and monitoring (Expected. part of the process) but "Doing Very Well" indeed.

In other news while I was in hospital in a manner of speaking so was my Housemate Alex the cat. he stayed 3 nights at the Vet/"Cat Hotel"/Groomers
They took care of a rather nasty patch or two of matted fur (Gave him a fur-cut) and did an X-Ray (he also has a heart issue. minor)  His Lusty vet (Dr. Angela Lusty, DVM) said "Cats can easily live to 17-18 years with that condition..  Uh, Angela.. He's already 18  HE IS  I thought he was younger!

So i guess he's doing good too.  We will monitor his heart as well.
OH and somehow they turned up his PURR volume or so it seems.

(I know this apartment is "Quieter" than the RV was because of the VOLUME setting on my TV)

All in all it's been a very good November for me.

So far all my family is COVID-free save for my Brother had a brush with it (Tested positive Twice but only tested not sick).

Many thanks to you too, and Happy thanksgiving to everyone else on the forum.

With me having  two clots in each lung and pushing 85 we are keeping a very low profile this year and will not only miss our children and grand children , but our snow bird friends in Key largo

Jack L

Happy Thanksgiving to all.  In the grand scheme, each of us truly are blessed and have a lot to be thankful for.

Back
Top Bottom