Generac Q-55G

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fastrabbit

Greetings......I have 1999 Seabreeze with a Generac Q-55G generator. A couple of years ago the carb failed and upon dissection I found one of the legs the holds the float shaft had broken. I epoxied it on and the carb worked until recently when the leg failed at the epoxy joint. Any ideas regarding another method of repair or replacement.

John

Go to Ebay, there is some brand new genuine Generac carbs for cheap. You can also buy a Chinese even cheaper, but I'd get the original. I bought one off of an Generac dealer a couple years ago for $28.00 free shipping. I converted a propane over to gas and it runs great.

Thanks......I did find one that would bolt right up but required some modifications on the choke and governor springs. I?ll keep looking.

Fastrabbit said:
Thanks......I did find one that would bolt right up but required some modifications on the choke and governor springs. I?ll keep looking.

Took a while for me to find one, apparently  they have been discontinued. Here is one that will work, but you will have to hook up the solenoid. The solenoid will need power when the generator is being turned on.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Carburetor-for-Generac-Guardian-091188A-CMV17-B2-091188BESV-RV-Generator-NP-50G/353102535599?hash=item52368d1baf:g:coEAAOSweNle4LDm

You might be able to take the bowl plug out of your carb and replace the solenoid, not sure on that. Mine don't have that feature. Don't try and use a carb for one of the portables, they won't flow enough.

Back
Top Bottom