Are you Florida bound, maybe to retire?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carson

Just a little info to make you appreciate us hardy folks who have chosen to live here and loving it.

In the last 7 years here in my location, haven't been touched yet. Yet some folks have not been so fortunate.

What do you think?

carson FL

edit: This is not meant to be a serious subject, rather a 'WOW' response concept.

Attachments

• Florida Hurricanes.jpg
    Florida Hurricanes.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 30
Where to live is just as much a personal choice ase which RV to buy.  Personally I would rather deal with the harsh winters in North Dakota than live in bug ridden Florida and have to worry about the Hurricanes. But again that is only my personal thought on Florida.

Ron said:
Where to live is just as much a personal choice ase which RV to buy.  Personally I would rather deal with the harsh winters in North Dakota than live in bug ridden Florida and have to worry about the Hurricanes. But again that is only my personal thought on Florida.

Ron,

You didn't mention the snakes and the high humidity. :)

Phil

And sand fleas, and fire ants, and rain, and snakes, and humidity :)

Ned said:
And sand fleas, and fire ants, and rain, and snakes, and humidity :)

Yep all those things just too many to mention.  Would be a lot easier to list the good things.  Now lets see 1.      Well can't really think of any good things.  ;D ;D

Went to Orlando area and Tampa area for years  Had a place in The Villages in the 70's and 80's  Then went to Texas  Now in AZ  Hot as hades here but I sure like it better.

Lived in Florida 33 years next week.  Don't plan on leaving, Lord willing.

Only evacuated for 2 storms, both in 2004.  Didn't really need to then, but our daughter was pregnant and we were trying to take the stress off of her and her husband.

Ron, are you on an anti-Florida crusade?
There are millions of happy people down here; and more coming every day.

carson said:

Maybe after reading Ron's & others posts they'll go away and leave us alone.  ;)

We have some property in Highlands county, one day Cindy and I might just make it into a small RV park.

Can't say that I'll feel bad if Ron drives off future Florida immigrants - we got too many people flocking there already. I enjoy snakes and the gators and the bears, deer, bald eagles, ospreys and turkeys too. It's [some of] the people that are troublesome.

carson said:

Nope no crusade just stating my preferences.  We have friends in Florida but I just plain don't like Florida dosen't mean everybody don't or wouldn't like it.

Howdy, Carson.

I heartily recommend that people retire to Florida. Then they won't be coming to Texas or New Mexico. <VBG>

Regards,
Jack

Jackliz said:
Howdy, Carson.

I heartily recommend that people retire to Florida. Then they won't be coming to Texas or New Mexico. <VBG>

Regards,
Jack

Hey excellent idea maybe we can stop folks from coming to MT too.  By all means retire and go to Florida. ;D ;D

carson said:

Exactly!!

I didn't leave anything in Florida the last time I was there so I have no reason to go back.

Back
Top Bottom