Has Covid Vaccine Arrived in Your Area Yet?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
msw3113,

Because I spend about 5-6 months in the Houston area each year, I have established relationship with Memorial Hermann.  They sent me an email inviting me and I accepted.  I am now waiting for the second dose.  The weekend when they provided the vaccine, they gave it to 10,000 persons in 4-5 days.

Here in Colorado, things seem to be running fairly smoothly.
I got a call on Tuesday from the clinic asking if I could come in Thursday (yesterday), but I already had a number of appointments for that day in Greeley. They said they are working on a day-to-day schedule and would call me in a few days, then.
I do hope they don't just kick me from the list.

The Covid sign up insanity continues here, our local hospital is going to start administering the vaccine to the qualifying  public next week, and their online sign up web page went live today.  So I ended up trying to help my 86 year old uncle and his wife get signed up.  Which did not go well, as the online sign up requires a cell phone to complete the registration process, and to receive notice of appointment time.  It also limits registrations to 1 per cell phone number.    The problem is they share one cell phone and have no cell coverage at their lake front house where they spend 90%+ of their time.

Isaac-1 said:
have no cell coverage at their lake front house where they spend 90%+ of their time.

So does that mean they ALSO don't have contact with many people?

Or just no cell phone coverage, but tons of people around.

I find it odd that there is no cell phone coverage in HIGHLY populated areas.

Maybe they will be okay without a shot if they don't have much human contact?

Moderator Edit: Fixed quote close

They have mostly been staying near home, I would not call the area isolated, but not overly developed either, it is on Toledo Bend lake on the border between Louisiana and Texas.  It is a popular bass fishing lake, with lots of lake front vacation homes, though relatively few full time residents.  The short cul de sac street they have lived on since building their house there about 25 years ago has 7 or 8 houses on it, with only 2 being occupied full time.  For example there is a fairly large lodge style house with 7 or 8 bedrooms, its own private boat ramp and dock across the street from them is owned by a lawyer in Dallas 200+ miles away and gets used maybe a couple of weeks per year.

Back
Top Bottom