rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Has Covid Vaccine Arrived in Your Area Yet?  (Read 3601 times)

Lynx0849

• ---
Re: Has Covid Vaccine Arrived in Your Area Yet?
« Reply #60 on: January 12, 2021, 10:19:11 PM »
Thanks.  That's what hubby thinks he got, but the guy in front of him said he thought they told him phizer?  hahahaya just never know..........I guess we'll line up and get something, whether we know what it is or not.....

oh my!

He should have been given a card with the vaccine details.
Rob & Deryl, Nettle & Tigger
Clyde, a 2015 RAM 3500 Cummins Longhorn SRW w/ARE cap (which will come off for the 5th wheel)
2018 Grand Design 337RLS
2016 H-D Electraglide Ultra
N1ICB (Nursing 1 Ice Cold Beer)
N1SPA (up to my neck in hot water, as usual

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Phormer Phantom Phixer
« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2021, 06:23:14 AM »
I'm having trouble finding good advice concerning the vaccination for me, since I've now had Covid and recovered.  Apparently the severity of your sickness affects the amount of antibodies in your system.  Of course, people who had it and recovered were excluded from the trials.
I assume, since I didn't end up in the hospital on a ventilator, that I had a mild case(certainly didn't feel like it at the time), thus would have less antibodies in my system. 
About the only thing I can find that seems the same on every site is that I will continue to test positive for at least 90 days.
Wally Crow
Retired 30+ year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53   "Kobayashi Maru"
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Stay in Play Duo brake system
FMCA F494768

"I am a traveler of both time and space"

ziplock

• ---
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2021, 04:57:49 PM »
He should have been given a card with the vaccine details.

Yes, that is correct.  The card says Moderna and is scheduled for a second dose in 3 weeks.  The dentist in front of hubby may have been receiving something different perhaps?

Work ethics suck everywhere. Let's hope the people doing this job get some training and pay attention to the teacher. But you just never know.
Maryland

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2021, 06:36:29 PM »
I'm having trouble finding good advice concerning the vaccination for me, since I've now had Covid and recovered.  Apparently the severity of your sickness affects the amount of antibodies in your system.  Of course, people who had it and recovered were excluded from the trials.
I assume, since I didn't end up in the hospital on a ventilator, that I had a mild case(certainly didn't feel like it at the time), thus would have less antibodies in my system. 
About the only thing I can find that seems the same on every site is that I will continue to test positive for at least 90 days.

British Lung Foundation.....

If Iíve had COVID-19, can I have the vaccine?

If youíve had a confirmed case of COVID-19 you should wait until at least 4 weeks after you had symptoms, or 4 weeks since your positive test if you didnít have any symptoms, and until you have recovered from your COVID-19 infection, before having the vaccine.

Vaccine trials have been focused on people who havenít been exposed to the virus. However, the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) has said that getting vaccinated is just as important for people who have had COVID-19 as it is for people who havenít. Therefore itís advised everyone should get the vaccine when they are invited to do so.

If you have symptoms that could be coronavirus you should get a test and not get your vaccine until your period of self-isolation has ended. Have a look at what to do if you have symptoms of coronavirus

CDC
If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?
Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.

At this time, experts do not know how long someone is protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. The immunity someone gains from having an infection, called natural immunity, varies from person to person. Some early evidence suggests natural immunity may not last very long.

We wonít know how long immunity produced by vaccination lasts until we have more data on how well the vaccines work.

Both natural immunity and vaccine-induced immunity are important aspects of COVID-19 that experts are trying to learn more about, and CDC will keep the public informed as new evidence becomes available.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/facts.html
Jackie n Steve - Happy Scottish Travellers

2017 Heartland Sundance 288rls
2016 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4L Hemi

Back in the UK til who knows....

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
  • Celebrating 25 years of The RV Forum online.
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2021, 07:12:36 PM »
Today I heard that I can sign up for a Covid vaccination appointment via our county web site. Sign me up! Turns out that only folks 75 or older can sign up. I'm too young!
Tom.  Need help? Click the Help button in the toolbar above.

TheBar

• ---
« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2021, 07:23:00 PM »
They opened up vaccinations for 65 and older in MS today. I had to keep my browser page open for 2 1/2 hours on the MS.gov website before I got my turn. The soonest appt was for Feb 2 so I took it. The news says plan to spend 2 hours in line once you get there.
Retired computer automation programmer
1997 30' Class C plus 2008 popup
DW loves camping more than I do!

Lynx0849

• ---
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2021, 07:29:38 PM »
Yes, that is correct.  The card says Moderna and is scheduled for a second dose in 3 weeks.  The dentist in front of hubby may have been receiving something different perhaps?

Work ethics suck everywhere. Let's hope the people doing this job get some training and pay attention to the teacher. But you just never know.

It is most probable that the location only has one kind of vaccine.
Clyde, a 2015 RAM 3500 Cummins Longhorn SRW w/ARE cap (which will come off for the 5th wheel)
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

uchu

• ---
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2021, 07:53:42 PM »
Really rooting for J&J vaccine to get approved and come out soon. One dose instead of two will make a big difference.
1999 Georgie Boy CruiseMaster "George"

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2021, 07:57:59 PM »
It is most probable that the location only has one kind of vaccine.
Perhaps, but not necessarily. DW got her shot today, and they said that they do both, but today were doing the Pfizer.
Larry and Mary Ann N.
2016 Newmar Ventana 3709 -ISB6.7 XT 360HP
2015 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited toad
Formerly: Trailmanor 2720SL, Bounder, Beaver
  de N8GGG

Old_Crow

• ---
  • Phormer Phantom Phixer
« Reply #69 on: January 14, 2021, 05:33:05 AM »
British Lung Foundation.....

If Iíve had COVID-19, can I have the vaccine?

If youíve had a confirmed case of COVID-19 you should wait until at least 4 weeks after you had symptoms, or 4 weeks since your positive test if you didnít have any symptoms, and until you have recovered from your COVID-19 infection, before having the vaccine.

Vaccine trials have been focused on people who havenít been exposed to the virus. However, the MHRA (Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency) has said that getting vaccinated is just as important for people who have had COVID-19 as it is for people who havenít. Therefore itís advised everyone should get the vaccine when they are invited to do so.

If you have symptoms that could be coronavirus you should get a test and not get your vaccine until your period of self-isolation has ended. Have a look at what to do if you have symptoms of coronavirus

CDC
If I have already had COVID-19 and recovered, do I still need to get vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccine?
Yes. Due to the severe health risks associated with COVID-19 and the fact that re-infection with COVID-19 is possible, vaccine should be offered to you regardless of whether you already had COVID-19 infection. CDC is providing recommendations to federal, state, and local governments about who should be vaccinated first.

Thanks, Jackie.  That seems to be an updated version of what I found.  I'm getting ready to head back west on Sunday.  I figure when I get settled back out in the Q I'll contact the health dept and follow their guidance.   I, for sure, don't want it again.  I might not be as lucky as I was the first time.
Wally Crow
Retired 30+ year ASE Master Auto Tech
Y2K Bounder 36S F53   "Kobayashi Maru"
'03 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Stay in Play Duo brake system
FMCA F494768

"I am a traveler of both time and space"

SpencerPJ

• ---
« Reply #70 on: January 14, 2021, 06:44:45 AM »
The news says plan to spend 2 hours in line once you get there.
Be careful in that line.  I hope these lines and centers they are quickly assembling do not become the new 'hotspot' to catch it.
2020 F150 Lariat 502a, Max Tow, 3.5 Eco
2012 Puma 21BH TT
Paul & Julie

"Never argue with stupid people. They bring you down to their level and beat you with experience" - Mark Twain

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #71 on: January 14, 2021, 11:32:00 AM »
So much for Operation Warp Speed.  That worked for getting new vaccines amazingly fast.  Unfortunately it appears distribution wasn't given much thought. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

TheBar

• ---
« Reply #72 on: January 14, 2021, 11:54:13 AM »
Where I live the problem is getting enough qualified nurses to give the shots. They are offering a $5K sign on bonus and paying premiums for contract nurses.

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #73 on: January 14, 2021, 02:03:40 PM »
Where I live the problem is getting enough qualified nurses to give the shots. They are offering a $5K sign on bonus and paying premiums for contract nurses.
Our local pharmacy is training a couple of the dispensing staff to do it. They were doing flu jabs as a way to practice.  Not sure how difficult it is, although liability issues in the US could mean you need to be "qualified" to a higher level.  Heck I'm sure I could learn to do it.

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #74 on: January 14, 2021, 02:09:44 PM »
Today our county health dept lowered the sign-up age to 65+. Sign me up!

Chris gives me bi-weekly injections in the upper arms; Don't see why she couldn't inject the Covid vaccine.

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #75 on: January 14, 2021, 03:07:15 PM »
Today our county health dept lowered the sign-up age to 65+. Sign me up!

Chris gives me bi-weekly injections in the upper arms; Don't see why she couldn't inject the Covid vaccine.

She could.  I've self-injected monthly allergy meds for over a year.  They never helped much.  But at least there wasn't much risk of anaphylactic shock? 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

jackiemac

• Forum Staff
  • ---
« Reply #76 on: January 14, 2021, 03:54:43 PM »
I bet there are many capable,  honest and reliable people out there who could help and surely speed is important.

ArdraF

• ---
« Reply #77 on: January 14, 2021, 04:42:47 PM »
So much for Operation Warp Speed.  That worked for getting new vaccines amazingly fast.  Unfortunately it appears distribution wasn't given much thought.

Gary, that's not quite true.  Distribution isn't the problem, it's the local areas and some of their rules, not to mention a Monday-through-Friday and 8-to-5 mentality.  Some local dispensers are actually discarding their vaccine allotments because they've taken so long to get up and running that the stuff is beyond its use-by date.  Now THAT is disgraceful.  That's the reason some states have decided the rules be damned and lowered the ages as well as opening 24/7 locations so they can get it in more arms.  The incompetents who are holding up vaccinations should be fired IMHO.

ArdraF
ArdraF
:D :D

Tom

• Administrator
  • ---
    • RV Forum web site
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2021, 05:09:55 PM »
Ardra, be sure to let us know what you really think  ;)

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2021, 06:15:05 PM »
Ardra, agree on the incompetents part, but to me, distribution is from the manufactures to the end-users arm.  Beyond distribution, I believe there is an even bigger issue.  However that is political in nature so I won't bring it up. 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

garyb1st

• ---
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2021, 06:17:29 PM »
To make matter worse, I just got an email from the Neptune Society advising me of my cremation options.  Do they no more than they're telling me?   ;) 
Gary B1st

2005 Pace Arrow 35G
2016 Jeep Wrangler

ChasA

• ---
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2021, 06:26:23 PM »
Dw and I got first vax today. Moderna. We go back on 2/11. Everything was very organized and went smoothly.
Apex, NC
2010 Winnebago journey Express 34Y
2018 Ford Edge SEL
Air Force One towed brakes
Blue Ox towed setup

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2021, 08:07:29 PM »
To make matter worse, I just got an email from the Neptune Society advising me of my cremation options.  Do they no more than they're telling me?   ;)

I've been getting those mailings for several years. They just add to my recycling pile...
Larry and Mary Ann N.
  de N8GGG

Randy328

• ---
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2021, 10:05:25 PM »
I got my first shot on Dec 21 and second last Monday (Jan 11). Both gave me a mild reaction of arm pain and a slight fever the next day. Fever made we want to stay on the couch and watch TV and not go anywhere, which is exactly what I did. All fine now!
2015 Ford F250
2016 KZ MXT2920
Jeep TJ, SeaDoo Trixx, Trek Fuel for toys
German Shepherd "Qorkey" as my avatar. 8 years old

Lynx0849

• ---
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2021, 10:08:57 PM »

Exactly. Their goal was producing a vaccine as soon as they could. A distribution plan does not seem to be part of it. The feds passed the vaccination plan to the states.
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

Lynx0849

• ---
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2021, 10:15:33 PM »
I've been getting those mailings for several years. They just add to my recycling pile...

How many adds up to the BTUs of a log? 😀
2018 Grand Design 337RLS

Larry N.

• ---
  • Westminster, CO
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2021, 08:15:08 AM »
How many adds up to the BTUs of a log? 😀
I don't know -- we're not allowed real fireplaces in our subdivision, perhaps the whole city by now (built this place in 1997), so the trash company picks it up on their recycling run. Besides, I never checked out the BTUs in a mailing.  ::) :)
Larry and Mary Ann N.
  de N8GGG

PopPop51

• ---
    • Uptown Tech
« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2021, 09:02:04 AM »
I am really aching to see some infection rate data for people who have been jabbed.

i.e. Health care workers in Covid wards.  Presumably there was an infection rate and we should see like a 95% reduction, right...

If the vaccine is highly effective it's going to take longer to get those figures because there need to be a meaningful number of infections to be statistically significant.
At 95% efficacy it's going to take a lot longer to get that number of infections among the vaccinated than it would at 50% efficacy.

So, frankly, the longer it takes to get those figures, the better.   :)
Paul--
2004 Ford Excursion V-10 ("Moose")
2010 Keystone Outback 270BH ("Squirrel")
2016 Mazda MX5 Miata ("Roadster")
##40 States So Far...##

TheBar

• ---
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2021, 09:04:19 AM »
It is sad during a national crisis but in many states only a RN or NP is allowed to give injections whereas in some states even a medical assistant can. It may be a moot point since our state has used up all vaccine doses and will not receive more until mid February.

RVRAC

• ---
« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2021, 03:59:40 PM »
I just got the Moderna this morning.  I didn't even feel it.  NP. I am in TX for the winter and had no problem but it is by invitation only for those over 65.
2017 Leprechaun 311 FS
Toad: 2016 Jeep Patriot
American Dolly
Home: WI
Snowbird 6 months/yr.