Hi Lo Trailer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

trailertrash

Is there anyone that has owned a Hi Lo?  I am thinking about purchasing one and would love to hear the pros and cons from an actual owner.  Thanks so much!

Years ago  we had one and don't remember the model #  but it did the job.  Don't like the bed arrangement on most of them.  Wasn't a real bed.  Couch type as a matter of fact but that was years ago. May soon be looking for a trailer but won't consider one.

trailertrash said:
Is there anyone that has owned a Hi Lo?  I am thinking about purchasing one and would love to hear the pros and cons from an actual owner.  Thanks so much!

When I was into trailering I tested a Hi Lo. The dealer let me tow it all day to really check it out on my own. At the time I had an SUV so was looking at small trailers vs. a Hi Lo. I quickly found out the "Good News" about a Hi-Lo. It pulls great and is not affected by the wind at all. My older SUV (a Chevy Blazer) pulled that 24' Hi-Lo up past the I80 Sierra Foothills with ease. I was really impressed.

Unfortunately, that's where the potential love affair ended. :(  When you raise the upper portion, you only have half of what a normal sized trailer has. The first thing I noticed was the half sized fridge. You have over head cabinets, but they have to shrink down so there are no side wall cabinets to speak of.

But the final negative was that the upper half of the bathroom wall, between the bathroom and dinette, was just a folding cloth/wood kinda thing. It obviously would not keep noise and odors confined that well. Also, the upper half of the shower was not a solid wall either.

Anyway, I finally bought a full sized trailer -- and after my first trip to Reno, sold the Blazer and bought a pickup.  ;)

Thank you for the responses.  My husband's main issue is trailering so it appears that is a PRO aspect of the trailer.  Your comments also give us other things to consider......thanks.....

My Dad had the TrailManor version of the Hi-Lo.  It was a good trailer, especially for the SUV market, for the reasons stated above.  With the right length, it could also be parked in a garage.  His had full sized cabinets (at least a couple), but you had to take them down and put them back up, which if you're not strong, or have back problems, this could really be a bit more than a nuisance.  The TrailManor also had regular beds, even a king size with the longer lengths, and Dad never reported any problems with them.  But they were a bit crowded, as are most trailers without slides.  He liked his well enough, but "outgrew" it fairly quickly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom