Mike Pachelli

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I have a new hero to worship, Mike Pachelli. He has a bunch of guitar instruction videos that are amazing. Most of the people I see online explaining how to play a Beatles song invariably gets things wrong. Not Mike. He has what I call Superman hearing. How he manages to break down and separate John and George's parts so cleanly blows my mind.  He manages to get every note and play them so cleanly. He has all the Beatles equipment so he can demonstrate it as accurately as possible.

https://youtu.be/bIRjTTA2WwI

https://youtu.be/_SSVr6RR5N8

Starting next year I am going to start using his lessons. I have some equipment on order I am waiting for.

Thanks for the links Tom. Enjoyed his lessons, but way out of my league.

Tom said:
Thanks for the links Tom. Enjoyed his lessons, but way out of my league.
Way out of my league too. But all my life I have always been attracted to learning techniques and songs that are way out of my league. I might fail but I will have fun doing it. And sometimes I persevere due to stubbornness on my part. I don't recommend my method to anyone.

One of the best pieces of advice I've ever seen on YouTube came from a singer/songwriter who goes by the name Jinder:  "Do the song the way you want to.  Make it your own.  Why would you want to do it a way it's already been done?".

Jinder wrote "Keep Me In Your Heart".  The song was used in the movie "Fisherman Friends" during one of the most important scenes of the movie.  He put up a YouTube video explaining every chord and note in the song.  Unfortunately he makes it lots more complicated than it needs to be by telling you to play a Gsus4+9+11.  Simple chord with a big name. (32003x). A picture would be even simpler.

The movie is on Netflix.  It's a very good one if you like movies about fishing or musicians.  It's a true story as well.

I'll watch the video tomorrow when I have some time.  It did look interesting from a historical perspective.

8Muddypaws said:
One of the best pieces of advice I've ever seen on YouTube came from a singer/esongwriter who goes by the name Jinder:  "Do the song the way you want to.  Make it your own.  Why would you want to do it a way it's already been done?".
Because I want to be able to play the song exactly like the artist did it. That way I can learn things that I can put into my own music.
Jinder wrote "Keep Me In Your Heart".  The song was used in the movie "Fisherman Friends" during one of the most important scenes of the movie.  He put up a YouTube video explaining every chord and note in the song.  Unfortunately he makes it lots more complicated than it needs to be by telling you to play a Gsus4+9+11.  Simple chord with a big name. (32003x). A picture would be even simpler.
That is basically how I play a normal G chord (320033).

The movie is on Netflix.  It's a very good one if you like movies about fishing or musicians.  It's a true story as well.

I'll watch the video tomorrow when I have some time.  It did look interesting from a historical perspective.
I will also watch it this afternoon. Thanks for the suggestion.

Thanks for the links Tom.  Mike is quite a good teacher.

I tried to teach one of my summer classes "My Valentine" once.  Simple song with complex sounding (but simple) chords.

I went back and re-watched Jinder's video.  I mis-quoted him on the name of the chord.  (The one I drew is a D6sus4/G. A simple C shape moved up 2 half steps is the D+9+11).  My flibberty memory somehow glued them together.  I've been using both for more years than I care to admit.

Here's the link : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoIutARdM-Y

This is the resource I use to get the names of most of the weird chords & and substitutions I use.  It finds about 50% of them.  https://www.guitar-chord-finder.com/

My current 'fave' is 335350 (F#m7(11,13)) as an arpeggio.  Before you torture your fingers - use a partial capo....  interesting sound.

Back
Top Bottom