Gig bag solution

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeilerBird

I cleaned out my bedroom closet the other day. I discovered I had many gig bags. How to store them? I have a bunch of hangers for hanging pants and shorts. It has two very sturdy clips and I had no problem attaching the gig bags to the hangers and they are all neat and in a row.

Attachments

• Closet.jpg
    Closet.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 22
Good Solution...

My problem is cables...I'm trying to downsize my collection but I can't seem to be able to part with the cables. You just never know what you might need down the road.
I use to hang them over the closet rod but Now my "Music room" now triples as a guest room, Office and music room so not much room left in the closet.

Good solution for (soft) gig bags, but wouldn't work for hard cases.

Gizmo100 said:
Good Solution...

My problem is cables...I'm trying to downsize my collection but I can't seem to be able to part with the cables. You just never know what you might need down the road.
I use to hang them over the closet rod but Now my "Music room" now triples as a guest room, Office and music room so not much room left in the closet.
As a retired electrician I have my cable problem well in hand. I have several drawers that I keep cables in. It is amazing how many hdmi, audio, antenna, power, phone, usb and many more different types of cable are necessary for the modern man. I did include a whole bunch of cables in my last thrift store give away.

Tom said:
Good solution for (soft) gig bags, but wouldn't work for hard cases.
Absolutely correct. However I have only one hard case left and I am going to get rid of that too. They were just taking up too much room. Gig Bags are good enough. Especially the one from Martin, it was just as good as a hard case.

Especially the one from Martin, it was just as good as a hard case.
OEM bags are usually nice and well-padded. The ones for my 2 taylors are quite good, but the 12-string Martin didn't come with one. So I bought a hard case for it (slightly longer than cases for my 6-string instruments).

When I'm in one place for an extended period (our CA home, the coach, our OH townhome) I have several guitars, banjo and ukes in stands, but the hard cases and gig bags still need storage.

I decided that gig bags were good enough for me. I am not going on tour or taking any airplane rides with my instruments. So all I needed was something to keep them safe for a short car ride. It just seemed stupid to me to use a big heavy hard case when a gig bag would do just as well. If I were travelling it would be a different story.

[quote author=SeilerBird]It just seemed stupid to me to use a big heavy hard case when a gig bag would do just as well.[/quote]
Agree 100% Tom. OTOH klutz is my middle name  :-[

Back
Top Bottom