Another Sam's Camp mini rally coming up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ron

Moderator Emeritus
Expect anothe mini rally at Sam's Camp begining Monday when Mike and his wife arrives.  We will take photos and post them here.  I do have film in the digitam and I do know how to post them. ;D ;D

Looking forward to seeing the photos and reading the report Ron.

Ron, maybe we'll get to see some of the newly remodeled house in the photos (?)

Mike and Karen Goad arrived at Sam's Camp this afternoon.  Planning to have a fish dinner tonight.  Sam & Karen already talking quilts.  Photos will follow later.

Enjoying conversation and getting to know the Goads.  Had a great rainbow trout dinner in the house this evening.  See attached photos.

Attachments

• P1010449 (Large)Goads & Ruwards enjoying trout.JPG
    P1010449 (Large)Goads & Ruwards enjoying trout.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 33
  • Dinners on.JPG
    Dinners on.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 32
Thanks for the photos Ron. Looks like y'all are having a great time.

I haven't been on the forum since just before we left our Arkansas home on August 13th.  We first camped near Wichita, Kansas, for a couple of days

After Wichita we moved on to North Platte, Nebraska, where we visited my dad and step-mom, and uncle and aunt, and an 86 year old great aunt who lives by herself 18 miles from town and 6 miles from the nearest public road. 

From North Platte we moved on to the Black Hills, where we stayed for a week, and then to Devils Tower (3 days), Billings (2 days), and Great Falls (3 days).  In Great Falls, we visited my youngest brother, his wife, and two of his sons.

We had planned to stop at Sam's Camp before Great Falls, but I found out that my brother is working a job that requires him to be away from home during the week, so we changed our plans so that we could be there on Labor Day weekend.  It was a very good visit.

Ron and Sam are very gracious hosts.  We've had a good visit so far. 

We're here to get an internet satellite system from Ron, but the system's not here yet so we're online through his wireless connection to his dish.

Mike Goad said:
Ron and Sam are very gracious hosts .... We're here to get an internet satellite system from Ron ....

Two very good reasons to visit Sam's Camp.

Some of you may be aware but Sam & I seem to be the last of the original 6 members that started the banana split tradition at the first RV Forum rally that was held at Lake Lewisville near Dallas TX several years ago.  Well the banana split thing has not been done for some time.  While Weinwrights were here Dan mentioned it but somehow we never got er done.  Well this eving after dinner we did serve up the banana splits and they were much enjoyed by all those present.

The attachet photos show Sam preparing the splits and the second is of Mike and Karen and Sam getting ready to partake.

Attachments

• Sam preparing the splits.JPG
    Sam preparing the splits.JPG
    100.9 KB · Views: 35
  • Goads and Sam enjoying the splits.JPG
    Goads and Sam enjoying the splits.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 34
The banana splits were very good - so were the burgers and everything else.... still feel stuffed  ;D

And the dining room.  Sam, things are looking good.  Aren't you just delighted to be able to use your house again?!?

ArdraF

Here's a few photos that I've taken while we've been here, including: 

From yesterday - Ron, Sam and Karen in the kitchen; the burgers from yesterday's meal (before the cheese was dropped - I had hamburger, not cheeseburger); the splits before the whipped cream was on them.

From today - Ron assembling our new internet satellite dish and the restaurant we went to in a town about 20 to 30 minutes away. 

The restaurant we went to tonight was good.  It's called The Black Bull Company Saloon and Steakhouse.  We were the only customers and the service was quitegood.

We're tentatively heading out day after tomorrow.  Our next destination is Yellowstone.  We will be operating out of the West Yellowstone area for about a week.

Attachments

• 2007-09-04-002forum.JPG
    2007-09-04-002forum.JPG
    91.9 KB · Views: 30
  • 2007-09-04-008forum.JPG
    2007-09-04-008forum.JPG
    84.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 2007-09-04-011forum.JPG
    2007-09-04-011forum.JPG
    117.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 2007-09-05-037forum.JPG
    2007-09-05-037forum.JPG
    114.8 KB · Views: 23
  • 2007-09-05-065composite-forum.JPG
    2007-09-05-065composite-forum.JPG
    67.2 KB · Views: 25
  • 2007-09-05-060composite-forum.JPG
    2007-09-05-060composite-forum.JPG
    110.2 KB · Views: 28
A picture of Ron's favorite fishing place.  It's just a small lake, but very pretty.  This is where the fish came from that Ron grilled the first evening we were here.

Note: this is a composite of 2 images and the link will open the image like a web page it's not an attachment.  I use Autostitch for composite/panorama images.  It's a little quirky to use, but it's free.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom