rvupgradestore.com Composet Products Fridge Defend
RV Life Magazine RV Park Reviews RV Trip Wizard

Author Topic: Winnebago cabinet removal  (Read 208 times)

bufulima

Winnebago cabinet removal
« on: January 11, 2021, 09:33:01 PM »
Has anyone had to remove the cabinets above the driver and passenger seats? How do they attach?

Rene T

• Forum Staff
  • ---
  • Every day is payday and every payday I have off
Re: Winnebago cabinet removal
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 08:08:56 AM »
Has anyone had to remove the cabinets above the driver and passenger seats? How do they attach?

Welcome to the forum.
Iím not familiar with your situation but usually the cabinets are held on by screws going through the framework and into the wall. Open the doors and look for screws in the frame.
Rene, Lucille & co-pilot Buddy
AKA  Pep N Mem
2011 Chevy Duramax 2500 HD 4X4
2011 Montana High Country 343RL
From the Granite State of NH
& Florida Snowbird in Lakeland FL

Kevin Means

• ---
  • SolaRVector
    • SolaRVector
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 12:44:18 PM »
We had some changes made to our Tour's interior, and some of the cabinets on the left wall had to be removed first. The screws that secured them to the wall also went through some kind of metal backing behind the wall. I was very impressed with how well those cabinets were attached. I assume that our front cabinets were attached in the same manner, but I never actually looked.

Kev
2011 Winnebago Tour 42QD
Towing a Jeep Rubicon Unlimited LJ
RVI Brake 2, TST 507 TPMS, 960 watts of solar, SolaRVector tilt
Lakeside, California

Mark_K5LXP

• ---
  • 2005 Itasca Sunova
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 12:51:59 PM »
I think it matters if they're going back in.  When I've done home remodels the way I take stuff out that isn't going back in is usually pretty direct.  Mr. Cabinet I'd like to introduce you to my friend Mr. Sawzall.

The little bit I've messed around in my RV, "cabinet" is a bit of a misnomer.  More like a frame with trim, a door, and maybe a panel on one side.  I would start with taking all the doors off to make it lighter and I suspect using pocket screws or under button covers you'll find what's holding them up.

Mark B.
Albuquerque, NM