hoist for removig camper

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meredog

anyone ever set some 6 x 6 poles in the ground and make a "lift" of sorts that you could just lift camper off truck and drive out from under? seems like a pretty easy thing to do  ???
  i have a dually and such a system would give me a lot more room to load and unload. a couple elecrtic winches would make it pretty easy.

Most of the truck campers I have seen already have jacks installed for that purpose.

i know,  i have lots of room to do it and seems it would make things much easier to lift it up and set it down onto truck instead of having to "squeeze" my Dually between those jacks ?

meredog said:
  i know,  i have lots of room to do it and seems it would make things much easier to lift it up and set it down onto truck instead of having to "squeeze" my Dually between those jacks ?

When I had a truck camper with a dually I installed some 3" spacers between the jack mounting plates and the camper body to move the jacks out. That doesn't sound like much but it made a big difference.

Woody

I suppose it is possible, and not all that difficult, guess adding lift points to the jacks would do it.  If you leave the jacks on, you still ave to maneuver between, you still have to get the alignment right, not sure it would be any easier. 

Meredog    Good Luck  years ago I and some friends made 3 of them  wound up being more trouble than they were worth.    Too each his own.

Squeezing between the jacks get you centered.  If you use a wider lift as you suggest you could end up not being centered and having the camper hit the wheel wells.

On a previous truck I had "dually" swingouts for my front jacks.  It's a bracket made for duallys so you can swing the jack away from the camper for dually fender clearance.

Good luck.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom