Is Summer Here Already?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DonJordan

Moderator Emeritus
Hi to all.  The weather here in Yuma has steadily been getting warmer and more and more of the snowbirds are fleeing.  AFAIC it's just getting to a nice comfortable temperature range.  Days have been sunny and temperatures in the mid to high 70's with night time minimums in the mid 50's.  We plan to stay here until mid May by which time we should have temperatures consistently over 100 each day. :)

Didn't realize it got that hot so early Don. Of course, I know it gets much hotter in the middle of summer  ;D  When do you and Betty plan to head north?

Tom,

wiztom said:
Didn't realize it got that hot so early Don. Of course, I know it gets much hotter in the middle of summer ;D When do you and Betty plan to head north?

We'll be leaving here sometime around the middle of May - the date isn't firm yet.  Today, after bragging about our weather here, the skies are mostly cloudy and the forecast is for thunder storms tomorrow  :'(

Question:  How do I quote back only a part of a message?  In this case I highlighted only your question about when we plan to head north but it appears that the whole message is being quoted.

Don

Just click Quote and the entire message is quoted, then highlight/delete the parts you don't want before clicking Post. Just be sure to leave the {quote} {/quote} tags (with square brackets instead of the curly ones) intact.

Don,

It must be close to summer. Last night we had a great lightining display and tonight we had some dark clouds as we enjoyed your hospitality. :)

Hi Don,

DonJordan said:
Question:  How do I quote back only a part of a message?  In this case I highlighted only your question about when we plan to head north but it appears that the whole message is being quoted.

Here's the method I use after playing with this software for a day or two:
    a. Highlight the text I want to quote.
    b. Hit Ctrl+C to copy it to the clipboard.
    c. In the message I am drafting put the cursor at the point I want the quote inserted.
    d. Click once on the "Insert Quote" tool (bottom row on the tool bar, second tool from the right).
    e. Without moving the cursor, hit Ctrl+V to paste the quoted text between the codes for a quote.

So far that procedure has worked well for me.

Don,

In the message I just posted to you I tried Tom's method to insert a quote and as you can see it worked well.  His method is much easier if one wants to quote most or all of a message.  I like my method better when quoting small parts of a long message,  or when using multiple quotes from one or more messages.

DonJordan said:
Hi to all.? The weather here in Yuma has steadily been getting warmer and more and more of the snowbirds are fleeing.? AFAIC it's just getting to a nice comfortable temperature range.? Days have been sunny and temperatures in the mid to high 70's with night time minimums in the mid 50's.? We plan to stay here until mid May by which time we should have temperatures consistently over 100 each day. :)

Hi Don,
NO,? summer is not here !!!!!? We had another 6 inches of snow last night here in Connecticut.? Oh how I long for days gone by, to be down there with you guys.? ENJOY !!

thedollyllama said:
DonJordan said:
Hi to all.? The weather here in Yuma has steadily been getting warmer and more and more of the snowbirds are fleeing.? AFAIC it's just getting to a nice comfortable temperature range.? Days have been sunny and temperatures in the mid to high 70's with night time minimums in the mid 50's.? We plan to stay here until mid May by which time we should have temperatures consistently over 100 each day. :)

Hi Don,
NO,? summer is not here !!!!!? We had another 6 inches of snow last night here in Connecticut.? Oh how I long for days gone by, to be down there with you guys.? ENJOY !!

By the way Don, I'm new using this Forum. I, the Dollyllama is actually George Foster.  I forgot to sign my post.  Take care and Hi to Betty.

NO!! Spring just left MT and we ae back to winter.  There is over an inch of SNOW on the ground and more to cme tonite. 

We need it badly so it is welcome inspite of it bing snow!! :))

Jim

Dollyllama/George,

Yes, I figured that was you.  Glad to see you here.  Not to rub it in  ::) but temperatures here are now getting up into the low 90's each day.  When will we see you two out this way?

Jim,

Think we will wait til after Moab before heading toward MT.  You know I have to protect that allergy I developed since I retired. ;D

It hasn't reached central Florida yet,  Rained today and temps are still hovering around 70, although it was much cooler last week and windy.  Of course, being central Florida that can all change in a minute, and the forecast is for more rain today, then temps will shoot up into the mid 80s.

We're here until mid April.

thedollyllama said:
Hi Don,
NO,? summer is not here !!!!!? ...

It looks like we are in good company here in Chicago. We should be getting temps near 50, but are lucky if we break 40. It has been cold and cloudy for the most part, and rain or snow is predicted over the next couple of days. Summer? I vaguely remember it...

Hi Don,

We used to live in the Chicago area, Park Forest to be exact.  Your description of your weather is exactly why we left.... :p

Marsha and Tim
In So. California since 1977

I am chompin' at the bit to leave, too -- but am probably "stuck" here for a couple more years? :mad: . After that I will sell the house, hitch up the travel-trailer, and head on out to friendlier climates. In the mean time I'll just have to use what breaks I have to get out as often (and as far) as I can. My favorite area is the four-corner states, but I have spent very little time in California, or up in the northwest corner of the country, so that will be a good area to explore, too.

We are enjoying the sunshine and temps in the 70/s here in Yuma. ?;D Its rough to have to dealk with all this nice warm weather but somebody has to ;D Right Don ;D

It's good to know that somebody is taking advantage of that type of weather. And actually I enjoy reading the posts of people who describe the "far flung" places that they are traveling -- it's not like actually being there, but it helps to keep the dream alive...

MarshaLassen/CA said:
We used to live in the Chicago area, Park Forest to be exact.  Your description of your weather is exactly why we left.... :p

A lot of ex-Chicagoans are Framily members. We moved east in 1973 but took until 1998 to arrive in nice, warm Arizona.

Back
Top Bottom