Sirus Antenna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

meredog

Am about to get my first camper.  thought about the sirus antenna on top my truck.  it is located all the way to the rear of the cab top where it will be covered by the camper extention that goes over the cab
  where are you guys remounting them at ?  Also on a side note, i read somewhere that i should put rubber on the floor of the truck bed before sitting the camper ?  if so how thick ?  like a horse trailer mat or ?

Don't know about the rubber mat.  But for the antenna (I have XM, but same thing), I have mine mounted under my vent grill below the windshield.  It is outta site, outta mind.  I put it there because the boneheads at the car wash would not remove it or tape it when they sent my truck through and ended up scratching my paint.  I don't know if that will work with the Dodge or not, but it's something to look into.  I have no worse (or no better) reception with it there than on top of my cab, and it is totally concealed (no antenna cable visible anywhere).

I Had an appointment a couple hours ago to get "another" antenna installed so when i put on my camper i could get the signal. My thinking being when i trade trucks i can take what i need to get it going on my next truck, and simply plug the existing antenna back in.
    When they found out i had a factory setup it was over. THey said i would probably have to go thu Dodge to get an antenna that would plug into the factory plugs.
    whats up with this ?

Hmmm, interesting.  Only thing I can think of, is Dodge may have a proprietary plug for the antenna.  Probably something akin to the little blade antenna on the Chevy's.  I have never looked into anything like that so I'm not sure, but that is my guess.  If that's the case, they (installers) may be right.  One other option may be Crutchfield (www.crutchfield.com).  They may have something to help you out.  Good luck.

Not sure about the antenna, but as to a mat, I use a bed mat under my TC.  Works really well.  One thing to consider, height between bed level and cab top.  Older TC's had shorter cabover, might not have good clearance on new trucks.  If that is the cas, get some of the blue insulation board and use in bed as a liner.

I know this is a very old topic, but I thought I might shed some light on the solution in the event someone searches.

The factory 03-10 Dodge Sirius unit is mounted behind and above the glove box. You can find it if you empty the glove box and release the limiting tab to let it fold all the way down and then look inside and up. The antenna jack is the yellow plug on the right side of the box.

To attach a run of the mill aftermarket Sirius antenna you have to forcibly remove that yellow sleeve. The sleeve may crack, it may be tough to remove, but it does come out and once removed allows you to reconnect the factory antenna just fine, but also allows you to simply plug in aftermarket units.

I ran the cable for the new antenna up just inside of the A pillar and the new unit sits on the passenger side dash. It works great with my slide in or without.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
7199michael
Back
Top Bottom