BRAKE PEDAL HELP W/ BRAKE BUDDY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

r2sharpe

THE BRAKE BUDDY KEEPS REMOVING THE RUBBER PAD OFF OF THE PEDAL.  HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND HOW DID THEY SOLVE IT?  THANKS ???

r2sharpe said:
THE BRAKE BUDDY KEEPS REMOVING THE RUBBER PAD OFF OF THE PEDAL.? HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND HOW DID THEY SOLVE IT?? THANKS ???

We have used the Brake Buddy for over 120,000 miles and on three different toads and never had this problem. However if it were me I would place a piece of double sided tape on the pedal before installing the rubber pad and see if that works.

Ron said:
place a piece of double sided tape on the pedal before installing the rubber pad

That's definitiely a"why didn't I think of that?" response Ron, creative and probably right on. My brain was trying to figure out if the BB wasn't attached correctly before I read your response.

Tom said:
That's definitiely a"why didn't I think of that?" response Ron, creative and probably right on. My brain was trying to figure out if the BB wasn't attached correctly before I read your response.

I never even considered the BB not being installed correctly. ;D

r2sharpe said:
THE BRAKE BUDDY KEEPS REMOVING THE RUBBER PAD OFF OF THE PEDAL.  HAS ANYONE HAD THIS PROBLEM AND HOW DID THEY SOLVE IT?  THANKS ???

If the rubber pad is coming off then IT (The pad) is deffective,  You have three choices, You should consider one or two

Choice 1: Remove the pad yourself before installing the BB

Choice 2: Replace the pad with a new one

Choice 3: Replace the brake buddy with something like an M&G or Unified Gear which is not a pedal pusher

My husband says he may have not put it on right.  We are newbies, and we learn by our mistakes.  Whatever he did, it made the pad come off. 

I asked him if the brake buddy would go on the pedal without the pad, and he said that he had tried it, but the brake buddy did not fit. 

Thanks for the advice.

What make/model of car is it?  On some cars, the rubber pad is much larger than the metal plate underneath. If the Brake Buddy arm is not connected directly over the underlying metal, it could twist the rubber pad off the plate. I had that problem with a Ford Fiesta many years ago (with another brand of "pedal pusher" brake).  In my case, the solution was to modify the arm's attachment plate slightly so it slipped easily into the right position.

I suggest you call Brake Buddy and discuss the problem.  They may be aware of a pedal fit problem with your particular vehicle and may have already solved it.  Or they may be able to tell advise on a installation procedure that will avoid the problem.

It's a 1998 Jeep Cherokee.  My husband said that the rubber pad was bigger than the pedal.  Your problem sounds similar.  Thanks for the advice about contacting Brake Buddy.  It will be interesting to hear their response.  Thanks.

r2sharpe said:
It's a 1998 Jeep Cherokee.? My husband said that the rubber pad was bigger than the pedal.? Your problem sounds similar.? Thanks for the advice about contacting Brake Buddy.? It will be interesting to hear their response.? Thanks.

We have a 2001 GC and have never had a problem.  Hope you get down to the actual cause.

I friend of mine has a 2000 Cherokee and uses a Brake Buddy and he never mentioned any problems.    I suppose it is possible that BB has changed their pedal clamp, though, and new ones don't fit that pedal as well???  Or maybe you did install it wrong???  The folks at BB should be able to help, but you can also look for another RVer towing a Cherokee. There are lots of them around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jeep3501
Back
Top Bottom