Wolves

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are beautiful.  We've had Maltmute and Husky's over the years and they sure do remind you of wolves a lot  Beautiful creatures.

I think they're beautiful creatures !  I think it's interestng to watch the nature shows about wolves, they're amazing.  I've never seen one in the wild but think that would be magical

Our German Shepherd is part wolf. She has the best disposition ever.  She can hurt you because she plays hard not because she is mean. She is 9 years old & still acts like a pup. I agree wolves are beautiful.

I think it's interesting when I see some same behaviors in my little 22lb dog that I see in wolves (at least tv wolves)  It's funny how far removed from the wolf my little girl is, but the instincts are still in there somewhere !

Wolves are beautiful animals.  However I am not a fan of them.  I suppose that not one of the replies above is from anyone that is a rancher and has been directly involved with the little killers.  By the way does any one no why the moose, & elk populations are down considerably in the Yellowstone & surrounding area?  Its not because of aliens or black helicopters.

Anytime mankind gets involved with trying to manipulate nature the whole balance gets out of whack.  There were wolves in Yellowstone and the surrounding areas before man (and I don't mean just men) killed them off.  Now "we" are tyring to bring them back and of course wolves are hunters so the population of their prey is going to go down.  I think it would all balance out in time if we'd just stay out of it.  We should remember that the earth belongs to the creatures too and maybe we don't need to live in every square inch of the earth, maybe we can leave some of it to the other creatures.  There are ways to live in harmony with the animals, it just takes times and some extra effort. 
I am going to make this my last post on this topic or I'll get up on my soapbox and this isn't the place for that.  Just please remember we need to share the earth with all of God's creatures, they have a right to live too.

Ron said:
I'm sure there were wolves in the area of Central park so why arn't they populating the Eastern states with them? ;D
Some of us have.  A Red Wolf population was established in the Alligator River National Wildlife Refuge and is now thriving in the eastern section of the state.  Black bears too in the Great Dismal Swamp region.

Just FYI...  Did you know that the howling of a wolf is at a certain pitch that does not echo???  Howling is used as a location measure and an echo would throw the ability to locate into turmoil.  So, the howls do not echo.  (Thank the Animal Channel for that one!)

Back
Top Bottom