Mini Rally in Junction City, Oregon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Betty Brewer

Moderator Emeritus
At present, Terry and I are in  the parking lot of Countryside Interior having the carpeting replaced in motorhome.  While in transit ,much to our delight we  met up with framily!!  The story.....

While traveling down Interstate 5 south of Portland, we stopped at a rest stop for lunch.  A very distinguished  man with a familiar face walked in front of our motorhome and we instantly recognized John McGuirre.  We exchanged stories and news of the past and present.  He now works with Raytheon and was on his way in his new Cadillac to Klammath Falls to "fix" a Coast Guard Repeater or work whatever magic those guys need. He and Judy are no longer motorhoming but they both miss it.  John is busy with hobbies like, building remote controlled helicopters, submarines and is still very involved with his Ham radio ventures.  He has towers in Maine, New Mexico and another  place I can't recall.  He looks fit and happy.  Judy has retired from United Airlines and is working part time for a private individual with his own personal fleet of 777's.  Their home is in the Seattle area.  What fun to make old connections while just driving down the road. We hope to "see" more of John here on the forum as his busy schedule allows.
Betty

Attachments

• P1010816 (Small).JPG
    P1010816 (Small).JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 29
Part 2 of our Framily Meetings.

Fred and Daisy Thomas stopped in Harrisburg in order to meet up with us while we are here in Junction City.  Daisy and I had a good shopping spree today and some good girl talk.  I took her on her first tour of Trader Joes!  It is amazing how really good friends can make a good time of discussing the pork tenderloin roasts and organic butternut squash soup offerings.  We had lunch at a lovely outdoor restaurant while Fred and Terry toured Circut City, Best Buys and dined at Wendy's on a Triple hamburger.  Last night we dined as a group at a local Mexican  restaurant in Junction City.  Picture one.

Late in the afternoon we we happy that Jack and Elly from Edmonton Canada, stopped in the Diamond Park RV  Park where  Fred and Daisy are  staying.  We visited, laughed and dined in Eugene at Applebee's Restaurant.  We were happy to let a neighboring customer take our  group photo.  That's what friends are for. Picture two.

Betty and Terry

Attachments

• P1010824 (Small).JPG
    P1010824 (Small).JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 36
  • P1010828 (Small).JPG
    P1010828 (Small).JPG
    59.3 KB · Views: 36
Glad to hear that John is doing well.  It's been too long since we've heard from or seen him.

Same for Jack and Elly.  You were lucky to find them in the USA, they must be between international adventures :)

Wow!  What a neat encounter!  I've often wondered what happened to John and Judy.  He certainly hasn't changed much and looks fit like the proverbial fiddle.  Thanks for letting us all know what they're doing.

ArdraF

Hi Betty, thanks for posting that.  We've been without WiFi for a few days, as you well know, and we are now in Boise visiting our Maine friends.  We've got WiFi for a couple of days again, but not much time and I'm tryijng to get caught up as well.  We did have a great time, but not nearly long enough. We've got to stop and smell the roses again.  Maybe this fall......  Hope all the fixings are still going well.  Can't wait to see the final results.

Daisy

Betty,

I just sent John an email the other day and he mentioned your meeting in his response. I had not seen your message yet. We were fortunate to hear he was on Merritt Island in Florida working at the Space Center. Met him and his co-worker while they were having lunch. Unfortunately we didn't get another opportunity to meet as he was busy. Nice to see photos of Framily we haven't seen for too long!!!

Back
Top Bottom