Satellite Radio antennas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bill,

I think John from Detroit has done just what you're thinking.  Perhaps he will see this and furnish more info.

Like I said, we have too many cables as it is, we don't need room for more :)

>>It could be a good place to think about building a 12V power center. <<

If you are getting serious about this consider "RigBlaster" as a potential.  we use them for our radios etc. in the Amateur radio community.

I kept finding ham radio stuff when searching for "rigblaster". 
I have 2 12volt connectors, but I would like to have a clean way to put 4 devices or more in the front of the truck.  Jim, any further on the RigBlaster would be excellent!
bk

Well, Rigblasters are sold for ham radio use, though to be honest they can be used for any 12vdc distribution up to 30 amp loads
http://www.westmountainradio.com/index.html#

That's the folks who make it... You can order direct. You will want the crimping tool, it's not cheap, but it gives the best crimp I've ever seen when properly used

Here is another manafacturer of a very simular product, Saratoga Power Panels... they use the same connectors

http://www.saratogaham.com/

I find these to be very useful as 12 volt power strips.  Very easy to connect/disconnect equipment and to move it from vehicle to vechicle so long as it's equiped with a strip

John/Jim,

To connect to one of those panels, do you need flat spade-type connectors?

Tom,

>>To connect to one of those panels, do you need flat spade-type connectors?<<

No, you need Anderson Power poles.  The URL I have posted probably will answer everything except price.  I don't have current ones and I forgot what I paid last year in CA when I bought a bag full!!

http://www.andersonpower.com/products/pdf/stdpp_assy.pdf

I have the Sirius setup in the rv and I get crap for reception!! The antenna is on the dash of my cls A. Sometimes I get good signal, mostly not. Sirius tech help says to place the antenna on mylar strips if its not attached to a metal roof for grounding (magnetic antenna). Im going to try attaching mylar tape and antenna to the inside upper cabinet instead of drilling to roof.

For the person who says his antenna does not work......

There are very likely places in your MH where an antenna may not work well... This may be due to metal in the neighborhood or.. Due to electronic interference

BTW, I mentioned before that DISH network carried Sirius radio and was told I am wrong

If you have any but the lowest cost package (I think it's called all america 60 or some such) then it comes with Sirius radio as part of the package... My receiver, once I found a hot spot where I could connect, showed sirius channels.

Of course, for assorted reasons none of them worked.. yet... but that will change in a few weeks... Long about oh-dark-thirty Jan 2 2006 (the account is sleeping just now)

John In Detroit said:
Of course, for assorted reasons none of them worked.. yet... but that will change in a few weeks... Long about oh-dark-thirty Jan 2 2006 (the account is sleeping just now)

John

Let's hope no snowstorm holds you back. You are running a tight schedule ;D

rvrrat said:
I have the Sirius setup in the rv and I get crap for reception!! The antenna is on the dash of my cls A. Sometimes I get good signal, mostly not. Sirius tech help says to place the antenna on mylar strips if its not attached to a metal roof for grounding (magnetic antenna). Im going to try attaching mylar tape and antenna to the inside upper cabinet instead of drilling to roof.

There are several different antenna designs... (As a ham radio operator who drives an All Plastic Car,I have to worry about this kind of thing)  Some designs are intended for use on fiberglass/plastic/marine instalations, some need a gound plane.  If your antenna needs a ground plane... You need a different antenna

I have a CB antenna IN my motor home (yes in) and due to it's design I have a 1/1 SWR... The one in my car is about 1.2/1,  both are INSIDE the vehicle

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nativoacai
Back
Top Bottom