CB Channel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
washtubman said:
I just installed a CB radio in my motorhome and would like to know if there is a particular channel that RVers use?  Thanks.

We usually listen to Channel 19 because a lot of OTR drivers hang out there. The language can get a little salty but one can get information about traffic, accidents, radar locations, etc.

Regards,
Liz Pearce

We don't normally have the CB on while on the highway except if we are looking for information which can best be found on 19.

I agree 19 is best but you may wish to protect senistive ears (I use an ear piece, not an ear plug, nor a headset, this is a speaker that sits near the ear, does not block other sounds)

Chan 13 is the official "Good Sams" channel, I keep a 2nd rig there (I've collected a lot of radios)

I also have assorted ham rigs in the ride... Soon as I get the antennas the way I want I'll be monitoring six meters FM as I drive too

but 19 is your best for finding what you need to know.

Expect to hear a lot of silence

Also, Chan 9 is reserved for EMERGENCY/PRIORITY traffic.. (Break downs, lost, accident)

Hey John, you're going to need a couple more ears to listen with!  Thanks for the info.  Now if I only had a remote control to flip between 13 and 19 (just to upset the copilot!)

Some CB radios will have a dual scan function that will monitor 2 separate channels and lock on to the one with a signal.  You do have to push a button to turn it off to talk, however.

Back
Top Bottom