ALL WEATHER TRAVEL TRAILER

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

roamer

I am looking for a moderately priced 07/08 travel trailer in the 21' range. My highest buying criteria is fully enclosed and heated fresh water/waste tanks. I am not talking about heat strips. I want fully ducted heating. Is there a manufacturer(s) that seems to lead the field in this area, in a moderately priced coach?

Thanks.

Ducted heat (and a/c) is available in some trailers, though I'm not sure of the price ranges or what you consider "moderate". Finding it in a 21 footer may be a challenge, since it is usually a feature of the larger, more expensive rigs. The water tank area in a trailer is usually heated with heat strips, though, since it lacks an open basement for blown air circulation.

Take a look at the Bigfoot Travel Trailers - they are a good quality brand known for decent cold weather usage. They offer heated tanks and a ducted furnace that might suit your needs.

not to argue, but many of the travel trailers and most of the 5er's in my part of the country have heated, enclosed tanks (heated with furnace)

However, most that i have seen start in the 27-30foot range.

As soon as you say "all season" be prepared to fork out the dough. there is more to it than just heated enclosed tanks. there is thermal, dual pane windows, additional insulation, etc etc. I had good luck with my Komfort 27ft TT. I used it for two winters, living in it while working in the oil patch all winter. I have a friend with a Citation Supreme and that has been very good for him in the winter as well.

You are on the right track when you say you want to stay away from heat pads. they are a disaster waiting to happen. i have seen about half a dozen rigs burnt down because of them in the las few years.

Another big thing to look for is the drain valves for the grey and black tnks. Many manufactures have heated tanks, but put the drain piping and valves out in the open where they can freeze. the best system is where the valve is right inside the tank compartment with a remote cable to open/ close them.

Sorry i couldnt help with your specific question about a 21 footer

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freetoroam
Back
Top Bottom