Mini rally in Sutherlin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
We had a great luncheon mini-rally today near Sutherlin, OR today. Nancy & I stopped there to see the Dan & Jeanine Wainwright and to meet Margi & Tom Binninger face to face for the very first time (something we've been trying to accomplish for years!).  Then Betty & Terry Brewer paid a surprise visit, driving 87 miles to join us for lunch at the China Buffet in nearby Roseburg. They are at Davis Cabinets getting some remodeling done and a new front tv. The ever resourceful Terry brought a complete photo log of the job - including the new roof ventilation holes that were not part of the original plan (I'll let Terry explain that!). Looks great!!!

A good time was had by all - swapped lots of forum gossip and made some tentative plans for future rendezvous. Excellent chow too - if you like a Chinese buffet, the China Buffet in Roseburg is a good choice.

Terry & Betty took some pictures - hope they will post them.

Gary, we were just too far south and a few days ahead of you. Sorry we couldn't be there.

Yep,

It's really fun to have Framily spread out all over who keeps tabs on your whereabouts and makes  a date for lunch. The China  Buffet was fresh, non greasy and a wonderful lunch only out shinned by the good company.  It was a pretty drive over the 87  miles to the restaurant with hints of orange and yellow signaling the start of fall.  I took a couple of photos to make sure all were represented .  I think we were having more fun than a photo can capture as we all  talked at the same time.  We heard of the experienced RVer who  burns up his toad engine in the first mile.  We heard about those who pull away  still connected to electric and water after thinking what an easy get away.  We now laugh about these learning experiences and hope the newbies reading our threads  learn to laugh along with us as we do this RV thing. Photos are Tom and Margi, Nancy and Gary and Dan and Jeanine and Terry and Betty.  We all love retirement and wished we had done it  at about  20 years old!!!  We said our good byes and marveled at how our directions will spread out all over but again we shall meet down the road.

Betty

Attachments

• P1010914 (Small).JPG
    P1010914 (Small).JPG
    42.9 KB · Views: 26
  • P1010915 (Small).JPG
    P1010915 (Small).JPG
    38.5 KB · Views: 26
What a great get-together!  Tom and I were so pleased to FINALLY meet Gary and Nancy Brink.  We always wanted to attend one of the southeast rallies and could never seem to be at the right place at the right time to do that. 

Dan and Jeanine have a lot in Timber Valley as do Tom and I.  I'm glad one of their infrequent visits here was the catalyst for this impromptu luncheon.  Terry and Betty made the group complete.  It takes special caring people to drive 87 miles for a Chinese lunch.  We missed Wally and Helaine who would surely have been in attendance but were already on the road to the desert for the winter.

As usual when Framily gets together, we all started blabbing right away and didn't stop for two hours.  It's a wonder food has a chance to be consumed, but it somehow does.  We all managed to go back for a plateful or two.

Just so the rest of you don't feel left out -- we talked about all of you.  Especially you, Russ Mahoney!  ;)

Margi

Back
Top Bottom