Painting our Tradewinds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow Jeff, what a transformation! Congratulations.

Gary:

Thanks, the floor should be in by Tuesday night.

Bernie:

Not yet, tires are next on the list. These are 51/1 years old.

WOW, Jeff!!

Nice job and what a good looking coach!! Thanks for the report.

Regards,
Liz

Jeff

It looks great......I am wondering why they removed some awnings, but not all? Is it an extra cost or do they just not do it?

Terry A. Brewer said:
Jeff

It looks great......I am wondering why they removed some awnings, but not all? Is it an extra cost or do they just not do it?

Terry:

I am replacing the white slide toppers so they were able to paint the hardware on the coach, They also did not want to remove the electric awning we put on last year so they also painted that on the coach. The Dutch Star before us had them all rempved.

I think if I had requested it they would have pulled them all. I watched Camping world rivet the Power Pro on last year so I was just as happy they left it in place.

Jeff

What if you wanted all new awnings & slide toppers put on , like Girards.....Could they do that or would they out source it?

WOW!  A whole new coach!  And Jerry adds "very impressive."  It looks absolutely fabulous.  And a tad less expensive than buying a whole new coach!  ;)  Will await the next installment, the floor photos.

ArdraF

Terry A. Brewer said:
Jeff

What if you wanted all new awnings & slide toppers put on , like Girards.....Could they do that or would they out source it?

Terry:

They do not do awnings other than removing, painting and reinstalling them but there are all kinds of suppliers in the Elkhart area who could.  All of the new coaches arrive without awnings and they are installed after the painting is complete by the OEMs. If you put on new awnings before hand they can paint the Girard box to match the coach for you but if you can get new ones in the colors you want I would have the paint shop remove the old ones and the awning supplier install the new ones after they are done.All the hardware on our awnings that show with the awnings rolled up or extended are painted so they do look good.

My problems with the toppers are that they are worn out, there is no metal cover to paint, and the fabric is a bright polar white that stands out against the new colors. Mike's painted the hardware and I plan on finding an awning shop that can custom sew a gold fabric that will match the coach. They did know of an Amish man who used to work for Newmar but by that time there was not enough time to get the fabric and have the work done.

I wasted too much time with Dometic trying to get them to make a pair for me since they sell that color to the OEMs. ???

Next time.......

Thanks Russ, we didn't want to run down the neighborhood this winter. ;D

I left Bradd and Hall this afternoon for Chicago with our new hardwood floor completed. It has been three and a half weeks in northern Indiana and I am ready to move on. When I arrived the weather was in the high eighties and low i90's now the trees have turned and is beautiful autumn weather.

The floor looks great and really finishes off the new paint job as the carpet was showing its age.

Sue and I will leave Chicago Friday headed for my sister's place and then headed south Monday.

Attachments

• Looking Forward.JPG
    Looking Forward.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 50
  • Dining Area.JPG
    Dining Area.JPG
    60.5 KB · Views: 47
Jeff and Sue

That looks great and we are sure you will be much happier with the wood than the carpeting, I know that we are.  Sasha is learning to go slower!!! sure.  It was wonderful to see both of you while we were there.

Looks good to me.  I couldn't get SWMBO to go for flooring so we did carpet.

I'm having problems taking pictures, seems like a sick camera.  I may have to get a new one for Christmas.  BG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dmac3003
Back
Top Bottom