Rally in McCloud, CA

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
A few photos from a recent Monaco Norcal Group rally at Dance Country RV Park in McCloud, CA. Look closely and you'll see several RV Forum members. Also in the photos are several new forum members who joined here after hearing about our forum.

There were a total of 10 coaches in attendance, 8 of which continued on to the Monaco Western Roundup rally in Salem, OR.

Some highlights of the McCloud rally included the egg-in-a-bag breakfasts, evening campfire, the Shasta dinner train and, of course, the wonderful company.

All photos taken by yours truly, except the one of Mimi and Chris aboard the Shasta train taken by another rally attendee.

Attachments

• Mimi_ChrisP.jpg
    Mimi_ChrisP.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Jeri_Chris.jpg
    Jeri_Chris.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 20
  • coaches.jpg
    coaches.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 25
  • happy_hour.jpg
    happy_hour.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 20
  • Shasta_train.jpg
    Shasta_train.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 23
  • Mimi_Chris_train.jpg
    Mimi_Chris_train.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 22
We aren't far north of there, in Yreka, where we overnighted in a new park at the SR3-I5 junction. A restored steam locomotive (complete with tender and caboose) was  pulling two old passenger cars  by the park in the mid-afternoon, shortly after we arrived. [Actually it was pushing them, since it was backing down the track]. Don't know if that tour goes all the way ot Shasta or not, but looked like  neat ride.

We will be in Redding tonight and on Wednesday will be in Calistoga (Napa County Fairgrounds) for the American Coach National Rally.

Gary,

We stayed at Yreka Friday night, but a different park. Wish I'd known about the one where you' stayed, sounds like a neat place.

Yreka RV Resort at the northernmost intersection of SR 3 and I5 (and soon to have a fueling station near by as well) It's a nice park and less than one year old, but the water volume and pressure was poor. We ran the water pump just to do the dishes. A bit pricey at $39.81 with GS discount (but including tax).

Tonight we are at Mountain Gate RV Campground (MP 687 on I5 near Redding) and it is also nice. I like the price better - $29.70 and it has all the same amenities - wifi, cable, fhu 50 amp, etc.

RV Roamer said:
Yreka RV Resort at the northernmost intersection of SR 3 and I5

That's the same place we stayed Gary. But, since we were merely overnighting and heading home, we didn't stop to smell the roses. I thought they were a little pricey, but a clean park with nice pullthroughs. However, because of the location of their hookups, we unhooked the toad. We had the same problem with the water pressure - water pump ran to make up for low CG water pressure.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kstoybox
Back
Top Bottom