Quartzite question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BernerGran

Hi all,

I have just spent an enjoyable time reading all about Quartzite. Walt and I camped near a man this past summer while we were in Silverton, CO. He asked Walt if we were coming to Quartzite. So we began to chat about it.

However, before we can even consider the question, I need to know --- Can we get from the BLM land where the rally is held without a car. We don't tow. I use an electric scooter to get around, and am used to being josseled around, but am wondering how far to the shows, etc.

Any help would be appreciated.

Libby

BernerGran said:
Hi all,

I have just spent an enjoyable time reading all about Quartzite. Walt and I camped near a man this past summer while we were in Silverton, CO. He asked Walt if we were coming to Quartzite. So we began to chat about it.

However, before we can even consider the question, I need to know --- Can we get from the BLM land where the rally is held without a car. We don't tow. I use an electric scooter to get around, and am used to being josseled around, but am wondering how far to the shows, etc.

Libby

By road, it is about 3 miles to the shows from the rally site.  Most folks do a cross country route because of the semi-permanent traffic jam on US 95.    It is about the same distance.

BernerGran said:

Libby, to add to Carl's post, you would have no trouble getting a ride to the shows with other RV Forum rally attendees. Some are always on the go, either to the shows, shopping, apple fritters at the QZ bakery, home cooking at Sweet Darlene's, or wherever . . .  :)

Like Bob mentioned forum members are allways going to and from the market areas so there would be no problem.  I am sure you will enjoy it.

I may be tossing a spare seat in my Lumina this year (just now it's a 2-seater, but wife nearly never goes to the show)

I have found this: My Lumina is a Front Wheel Drive.. I can get to the show just fine by the back road.. There is one more or less exciting spot (Bothers wife, don't me) but I can make the trip.. Did cost me a hubcap (i have spares)

Returning I find the main road easier (Though I've done it the back way with the Lumina... ONCE,  That car is kind of amazing in less than ideal conditions) but you want to be very sure you don't miss a turn or you will be stuck

But going back south the road is never as backed up as north bound, the hard part is geting through the parking lot in fact.

Back
Top Bottom