Pacific salmon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
Here's a few photos of my other half fighting a salmon off the California coast, and then showing her prize catch.

Attachments

• CJ fighting.jpg
    CJ fighting.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 50
  • CJ big fish.jpg
    CJ big fish.jpg
    12.4 KB · Views: 48
  • CJ-salmon.JPG
    CJ-salmon.JPG
    63.2 KB · Views: 57
LOL Ron, I'll have to find the photo of Chris' 85 lb sturgeon. But my love is still fly fishing a stream for trout.

OK Tom, if you are going to show a California fish, I'll show a Texas redfish.? By the way, I recognize that boat Chris in on in the salmon picture.

Attachments

• Texas Redfish.jpg
    Texas Redfish.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 40
Nice fish. Was that caught down on the gulf?

Yes, you should recognize that boat since it's yours  :)  IIRC that was the first day that Chris made it through the trip without being seasick.

Tom said:
Nice fish. Was that caught down on the gulf?

Yes, you should recognize that boat since it's yours? :)? IIRC that was the first day that Chris made it through the trip without being seasick.

Pretty good planning Tom, get Chris's mind off the seasick issue by making sure she hooks on to a big salmon. ;D ;D

Wish I could say it was planning Ron. We fished for salmon outside the Golden Gate on Caltex's boat many times over the years, and all too often Chris would be seasick the whole trip. I used to tell folks that we boated mainly in the delta rather than the ocean because Chris got seasick in the bathtub  :)  Then one day she just seemed to flip a switch and decided she wasn't going to get sick.

Ron said:
Might be kinda difficult if the captain is seasick at the helm.

She was when we took our trip down the coast to Mexico and the weather man got it very wrong. As we headed to the nearest port of refuge (with the captain not doing too good and yours truly now at the helm), all the commercial fishermen were scurrying in behind us.

all the commercial fishermen were scurrying in behind us.

Probably a good thing you came along to lead all those commercial fisherman to safety. ;D ;D ;D

LOL Ron, actually I was just faster than them. 28 foot seas that afternoon were not to be messed with.

You are correct Tom, the Red was caught in the ship inlet at Port Aransas, near Corpus Christi on the Texas coast.  We caught three that afternoon, all about that same size. We put them back since a redfish that large usually isn't very tasty.

A couple of photos of Chris' Dad with the nice salmon he caught in the Pacific. Bait was anchovie and 'salmon killer' lures. Of course, it was the navigator who should take credit for finding those fish  :)

Attachments

• Gwyn-salmon2.jpg
    Gwyn-salmon2.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Gwyn-salmon.jpg
    Gwyn-salmon.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 24
Yes he was Ron. He's usually a very quiet, intravert guy, but that day he kept saying "I am the champion"  ;D

Tom said:
Here's a few photos of my other half fighting a salmon off the California coast, and then showing her prize catch.

WOW!!! yum, yum.  ;D  ;D
We're jealous!

LOL Jack & Liz, they do make very good eating.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skibumbob
Back
Top Bottom