Lassen Pines RV Resort

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
We recently stayed at Lassen Pines RV Resort, 8 miles east of McArthur, CA and 1 mile south of Hwy 299. GPS coordinates N41o 4.40', W1210 16.90'. I first heard about this park from forum members Tim and Marsha Lassen (quite a coincidence with names) and the owner remembered them.

The owner drove me around in a golf cart to give me a choice of sites, in case I thought they were too small. Check out the photo of the huge pull-through site. In addition to the free space in front of the coach, there was a similar amount of space behind the coach in that site. We could have put 3 or 4 coaches and toads in there.

The motivation for staying at this campground was proximity to the Fall and Pit rivers. However, fishing access is limited in most of the area and I had to head downriver to be able to wet a line. Renowned Hat Creek is within driving distance.

Nearby attractions include Burney Falls and Lassen National Volcanic Park.

Attachments

• Lassen_pines.jpg
    Lassen_pines.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 62
Thanks for the resource.  Maybe I can get there when/if I get to California in the spring.  I also now know someone who's brain I can pick when it comes to fishing...and someone who can commiserate...I had my pole standing up next to the bay door pulling something else out, A strong gust of wind came along and blelw the RV door open and snapped the rod!  Now my first question is what kind of rod should I replace it with??? 
I got up to MT Rushmore last week, no small accomplishment for me...found a fabulous lake in Custer State Park where I was the only one on it.  I actually caught a 6"yellow perch, but I threw him back.  He went belly up...is that normal?  I think I killed him when I was trying to save him! :-[
Pam

otrider said:
A strong gust of wind came along and blelw the RV door open and snapped the rod!

Pam, I know that feeling very well. One time I had a fishing pole leaning against an open car door when my father-in-law decided to close the door. Another time I had put my poles under the bed of the coach as a "safe" storage area; My wife moved something, which caused a pole to slide partially out from under the bed and, when she lowered the bed .... crunch.

Now my first question is what kind of rod should I replace it with???

Depends on what you plan to go fishing for and how you to plan to fish. Presumably, you'll be bait fishing in rivers/streams and lakes (?)

I actually caught a 6"yellow perch, but I threw him back.  He went belly up...is that normal?

Sounds like s/he was faking it and playing dead. How did you remove the hook and where was it (the hook) before you removed it?

After my perch episode I'm not sure I have the stomach to look into those eyes then eat it. 

I laid him on the dock and went to get my needle nose, when I got back the hook was out...thank goodness.  I tossed him back into the water but guess maybe should have been a little more gentle.

I've gotten to the point that I can bait the hook ok, but I apologise to the worm... :-[
I would love to catch a trout but I'm not sure I can handle anything but night crawlers for bait unless it's a purchased one. 

It's looks really nice - thanks for sharing.
Since you mentioned fishing, do you have to buy a fishing license in every state you travel too or is there some sort of licence that works everywhere ?

I've always bought a license for each state where I fish. Most states usually have short-duration licenses (e.g. day or week) and also have a  separate category of "non-resident" license.

There has been a lot of demand for a national fishing license but it's always been strongly opposed by the states as they see it as a loss of revenue.  I doubt it will ever pass Congress because of that opposition.

You can buy the licenses at Wal*Mart, Longs Drugs or sporting goods stores.

Ned said:
There has been a lot of demand for a national fishing license but it's always been strongly opposed by the states as they see it as a loss of revenue.  I doubt it will ever pass Congress because of that opposition.

Major loss of revenue for some states.  For example check out the non-resident licensing in Alaska (click HERE.)  And there is the point that state wildlife evironments differ radically.  A federal system would at be be clumsy as hell.  They can barely do migratory wildfowl.

The Trailer Life Campground Directory has a chart showing fishing license fees for residents and visitors listed by state.  In the 2007 directory it's on page 42. 

Margi

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozgal
Back
Top Bottom