Frustrating weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
    I agree Smoky.  I think that the bed would seem to be a thief's 1st choice.
My concern was not for our "valuables" (i.e. jewelry, important papers etc.) but
the "every day" items that we had stocked the rv with.  All could be replaced if necessary.
    And repsman42, the new dealer has given us NO reason to not trust them.  As a matter of fact,  they have done everything that they can to assure us that their intention is to satisfy us thru this process.  We are just new at this and it takes awhile to be comfortable with someone having complete access to our 2nd home.  :-\

Ntchwaidumela said:
Svenskala, you need to have your husband make sure your dealer 'gets it'. Or is he not man enough?

Sorry...you lost me on that one.
Can you clarify?

Smoky said:
It would be interesting to hear what folks here do to protect their valuables. We do have a lockable fireproof brinks box. It does not attach to anything. We use this more for safeguarding important documents as opposed to jewelry.

Putting stuff under the bed is what occurs naturally to us. While that might keep things out of sight when strangers come aboard, it is likely the very first place a thief with access would look.

Monaco offers a fireproof built in safe as an accessory.  It mounts under the bed and is bolted to the chassis so no one can walk off with it.  We keep our passports, cash, wills, and other valuable papers in it.  I don't remember the exact cost but it was something like $495 installed.

Thanks Don.  That is exactly what I wanted to know.  Sounds perfect. :D

Don J:

That Monaco safe sounds like a cool idea.  Wish I had one.

I also second Karl's comments.

Smoky - parked at Wal-Mart in Frederick MD

Karl and Don,
Thanks for jumping in there on my behalf..... :)
What my hubby (Nichwaidumela) was saying was "I will handle it Babe".
Guess our joke kinda backfired. :-\?
He will absolutely be a welcome addition to this website. ;D
Svenska

Ntchwaidumela said:
Svenskala, you need to have your husband make sure your dealer 'gets it'. Or is he not man enough?

Ntchwaidumela,

The tone of your posting is unacceptable on the RV Forum.? Our reputation as an online community since our inception over fifteen years ago is that we are friendly and respectful of one another.? Everyone has a different point of view, and we share our views without making insulting, berating or personal attacks.

Before posting a comment that is thought to be clever, funny or mean spirited, hold it in your outbox overnight, re read it the next day and decide if you would be happy is someone sent the same thing to you.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Smoky

>>It would be interesting to hear what folks here do to protect their valuables. <<

We have a built in combination safe...ordered it when the coach was built.

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

I want to do the same thing Terry.  Sound like the way to go. 
When the time is right and we are able to get a new rv, we will definitely order and not buy off a lot.  A safe will be one of the necessary "extras".  (along with a wine cooler and a cream brule torch!!) :D

Smart move Terry.  I wish I had thought of that when I placed my order.

Nitchy I think you stiffed us LOL!  ;D

Smoky - currently parked at Granite Hills CG, Gettysburg PA and enjoying the hell out of the 3rd week of fulltiming.

Svenska

>>and a cream brule torch!!)<<

Since we both gained a few lbs this year...it hasn't seen much use.<G>

Terry
At Clark Fork, ID

Where in Indiana is Clark Fork?? My Dad grew up in a little town called Brazil.? He's has talked about a place called Rocky Fork all his life.

Svenska said:
Where in Indiana is Clark Fork?  My Dad grew up in a little town called Brazil.  He's has talked about a place called Rocky Fork all his life.

Your Dad has to be pretty old as Rocky Fork Lake  is not the  same anymore. Lake is small and there is Covered Bridge just below.

I grew up just a few miles from there and have attached a jpg map file. The lake is that same one just below the 'o' in Rocky. Covered Bridge is about were the arrow is pointing.

Since the big lake to north, Cecil Harden Lake, was put in it has changed the flow and topography below. It was also a favorite spot of my Dad in the early 1900s for fishing and camping.

Cecil Harden Lake as hundreds of choice RV spaces and I believe you reserve online through Racoon SRA on the Indiana State Parks Page.

Bob

Attachments

• RockyFork.JPG
    RockyFork.JPG
    155.8 KB · Views: 12
Of course it is Terry, :-\ I must have had my Dad on my mind when I read that!
Dad's a "young" 85 Bob, and golfs every other day.
anyway........I will definitely show him the map :)...he grew up in Clay City and then moved to Brazil.? We traveled to Indiana about every other year when I was a kid so I can remember a bit about the area.? I may have been to the same covered bridge that you are talking about.? Small world.? We did see a few and believe me, that was a big deal for us kids because we didn't see those in California's Central Valley.
Lots of memories...............

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Davidomero
Back
Top Bottom