Tom, about Eternabond..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

buckle823

Thanks for the tip on Bestmaterials. I got a 6" x 50' roll for like $80. That stuff is amazing. Excellent adhesion and easy to work with.

Thanks for the feedback on Eternabond. I learned about it from forum members and was very pleased with it first time I used it.

Tom said:
Thanks for the feedback on Eternabond. I learned about it from forum members and was very pleased with it first time I used it.

I to learned about Eternabond right here on the RV Forum.  Great product.

I'm about to order some of the 1-Step Miracle product myself, probably a 4" x 50' roll in white so it matches the rest of my rubber roof... not that anyone would ever see it if it were gray on white.  ::)  I don't have any active leaks (that I know of) but am interested in the preventative maintenance aspect.  buckle823, any tips on the installation of the product?  I am somewhat fearful of making an irreversible mistake due to the extremely (and purposefully) sticky nature of the stuff. 

Tom said:
Scotty,

Go to the Best Materials Eternabond page, scroll down and you'll see tips/procedures with photos and instructional videos.

Even with good instructions, I still have the potential to mess it up.  ;)  Let me also mention for anyone else that may be buying, I plan to order from eBay seller "mhrv" and the related eBay store here:

http://stores.ebay.com/Mobile-Home-RV-Surplus-Parts-Store

White 4" x 50' is $49-55 depending on where bidding ends, but more importantly shipping is FREE... that's the case on ALL their Eternabond products.  At least right now, anyway.  That's probably a temporary promotion.  Shipping on Best Materials and Big Rock Supply (for similarly priced Eternabond) was quoted as $10-15, so "mhrv" has got my business this time.

I would make sure the area where you are applying it is really clean. When I ordered my roll, I also ordered a spray can of cleaner. The Eternabond is pretty easy to work with since you can cut it to length with scissors, and its not sticky until you pull the backing off. Its one of those things you gotta just do to experience it.

I ordered my Etrnabond form mhrv on ebay too and had a great experiance with the seller and the product!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opal6502
Back
Top Bottom