canada via Coeur d Alene. What to do What To see? info from anyone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nrglog

We are planing our first Motor-Home trip with my Brother and his wife and would like to go to Canada from their place in Salmon Idaho.  We are driving up there from Souther California.
Thought we would like to cross over at Coeur d Alene, we have heard it is beautiful there.
Our trip will be in April.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated

nrglog said:
We are planing our first Motor-Home trip with my Brother and his wife and would like to go to Canada from their place in Salmon Idaho.  We are driving up there from Souther California.
Thought we would like to cross over at Coeur d Alene, we have heard it is beautiful there.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated

Sounds like a nice trip. Take your camera.

nrglog said:

Bring warm clothing as April will still be very chilly.  This year we took a boat cruise of the Lake at Coeur D'Alene on July 6.  It was  about 3 hours and toured around so we could see all the beautiful homes and golf courses along the lake.  It leaves right off the Lake by the hotel.  No need for reservations.  If you are over 55 ask for a senior discount.  Coeur D'Alene has a good web site for activities to do. You might check dates as tourist season may not start up quite so early.  We stay at Blackwell's RV Park, it is pricey but centrally located.  There are others in the area less money.  There is an exceptionally good Elks Club Campground (if you happen to be Elks) in Coeur D'Alene but has no sewer.  On your way North to Canada you might enjoy a stay in Sandpoint.  Cute artsy walking town.  Visit Pend D 'Oreille Winery and The Lite house Blue Cheese Factory (home of Litehouse blue cheese.) Jalapenos is our Favorite Mexican Restaurant but there are many good restaurants in Sandpoint also a Wal-Mart.  A drive up to Schweitzer Bowl , a ski resort just above Sandpoint is very  picturesque.  Enjoy

Betty

Living in Alberta I should tell you that April is chilly but OK if you stick to BC. The Rockies would still be covered with snow and would not a place to camp that time of the year unless you enjoy winter camping.

But if you would make a circle from Coeur d'Alene and go toward the Okanagan country you will be there when the fruit trees are blooming and that is a great sight.

Hope this helps,

Elly

I don't remember too much about that area as I was only passing through on my way to McChord AFB, but I do remember Coeur d' Alene was absoutely beautiful.  Stunning scenery and a simply fantastic drive.  I wish I would have had time to stop on the way, or a weekend free to visit, but it just wasn't to be.  Enjoy the trip and make sure your batteries on the camera are charged up!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
automedicmobile
Back
Top Bottom