Radiator Cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Ron said:
you might try pushing that button in your photo it might just also interconnect you battery systems for starting in case of a dead battery.

Sorry Ron, that's not what it's for. The emergency battery crossover switch is a rocker switch to the left of the driver, not on the dash.

LOL Smoky, it's actually an eject button should the other half complain about being too close to the mailboxes.

The button is deactivated when the regular driver is at the wheel  ;D

Tom said:
Press a button and the water and air jets do their thing.

Interesting thing is that a friend of mine with a Discovery actually has just such a device but it is used on very hot days to cool down radiator when climbing in the high mountains.

blueblood said:
Interesting thing is that a friend of mine with a Discovery actually has just such a device but it is used on very hot days to cool down radiator when climbing in the high mountains.

Leo

It is sometimes advertised in the FMCA magazine. An evaporative cooler.

Maybe slightly off topic, but funny nonetheless. Somewhere around the mid 90's, Chevrolet brought 10 or so Corvettes to Elkhart Lake's Road America to be pace cars for the (at that time) IndyCar race. They were driven by wives of the race drivers and were affectionately called (not publicly) Pace Car Poopsies, who gave rides to various dignitaries and journalists. Several were equipped with a water spray system to cool the brakes. After a few laps at reasonably high speeds (not race speed by any means) all those so equipped had to be retired from service due to brake failure. Two things happened: First, the water caused steam which prevented to pads from contacting the rotors fully and secondly, the water caused the rotors to warp! Some had to use the runoff areas to get the cars stopped and needless to say, there were several drivers and passengers who needed clean underwear ;D ;D ;D  Not exactly what you would call a steaming success!!!

Smoky said:
when I make QZ this year!

LOL Smoky, you missed it! This year's QZ rally already came and went, so you'll have to wait until 2006.

Heh, did not mean calendar year.? I meant this coming year when I have that 50 amp circuit reserved.? ?:D? If you show me the navigator eject button I will share the 50 amps!!!

Smoky said:
Heh, did not mean calendar year.? I meant this coming year when I have that 50 amp circuit reserved.? ?:D? If you show me the navigator eject button I will share the 50 amps!!!

Whoa I have already spoke for the sight next to you so I can share your hookups.

Well I could not ask for a better neighbor.  Maybe we can find a way to sneak Tom in so we can get a closeup view of his navigator eject button?  I figure I should make very good use of the hookup privilege, since next year some other newbie will be given access to it.  ;D

Back
Top Bottom