Nymph caught on the bottom?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
If you fish nymphs it's a fair bet that sometimes they'll be beaded &/or weighted, and sooner or later a nymph will get hung up on the bottom. A neat trick to get it free is to simply roll cast forward over the place where it's hung up, and it will usually pop right out. I learned this tip from a fishing guide in Utah and it's worked every time for me since.

Tom - doesn't your wife object to your taking a nymph along when you go fishing?  Mine certainly would.

Newt,

My wife objects to lots of things but, when it comes to lures, baits and flies I use, it's my call.

Oh - you meant the insect sort of nymph.  Got it.  Just misunderstood the first time.

Definitions of nymph on the Web:
- (classical mythology) a minor nature goddess usually depicted as a beautiful maiden; "the ancient Greeks believed that nymphs inhabited forests ...
- a larva of an insect with incomplete metamorphosis (as the dragonfly or mayfly)
- a voluptuously beautiful young woman

Newt,

I knew exactly what you meant, but I was trying to keep it PC  ;)

I sorta figured you did.

I am gonna be one happy fellow for the next few weeks.  2 friends from the UK are flying in tomorrow afternoon for fishing and we will be spending pretty much every day on the water.

A week break and another UK visitor.  Mostly fishing although my spouse has arranged for 2 days in the mountains to ride a narrow guage railway excursion and to see the sights.  Been so dry here this summer that fall colors will be pretty much from green to brown but the Smoky Mts and Blue Ridge Parkway will still be worth showing him.

Sounds like some prime fishing time Newt. Good luck and don't forget the camera.

The visiting was great.  The fishing was fun but mostly small stuff.  I'm guessing the really low water had spooked the big gals into hiding or something.

Still, it was fun showing some really good Brit anglers the joys of fishing from a decently equiped boat and on largish lakes since they do mostly bank and have almost no large lakes or rivers.

Tons of great photos that I need to edit and put into a photobucket album.  I'll post a link here when I finally get all the editing and uploading done.

I'm back at work now and beginning to get back to normal.  Fun but frentic would be a good description of the past few weeks.

All three of them expressed an interest in moving to the States and I think two of them were serious about it but I'm guessing that a return to home & wife will put a stop to that sort of talk pretty quickly.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
urnwholesaler
Back
Top Bottom