Boliy 3600 generator

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mygsds

Has anyone used this new generator and if so what is your opinion on it?  I'm looking for a generator to run my 13.5 air - I dry camp a lot in summer and want to keep the dogs cool in the RV while we are at dog shows.
Weight is important for me as I would have to be able to lift a generator in and out of the storage area on my own and the 70 lb weight is a real max.
Price is important too or I'd go for 2 Honda 200's parallel set up.
The Boliy looks like its made by Kipor - I have a Kipor 1000 right now - bought it for the first Rv which had no roof air - we installed a 5000 window unit and it ran it fine.    I can run the RV fans with my 1000 and the hair dryer and other small stuff but the air is important to me.

Pat

Here is the Boliy Generator that Pat is talking about. First I've heard of it, but it certainly sounds promising for RV applications. Particularly the 30A receptacle on the front and the 53dB sound rating.  Hope  we get some feedback reports from those who try it out.

I Googled Boliy generator and found some threads on RV.Net and a few other sites, but nothing much about actual usage so far.  There are several distribution sources, including some on ebay.

mygsds said:
Has anyone used this new generator and if so what is your opinion on it?  I'm looking for a generator to run my 13.5 air - I dry camp a lot in summer and want to keep the dogs cool in the RV while we are at dog shows.

You are probably OK at sea level. Gensets lose power for every 1000 feet above X number of feet -- so you may want to check the specs. I had a 3600 Generac when I was pulling a 5th wheel and it worked great at sea level, but would barely run my air if anything else was turned on when I got over 4000 feet.

OTOH, I had a rule that I would never leave my rig if I had to trust the well being of my pet at the time to a genset or to park power. I no longer keep a pet for that reason. I am a solo RVer and must at times leave the rig during hot days. After 10 years as a full time RVer I have learned that Gensets and Park Power can go south at any time for various reasons.

Thanks for the replies - Bob I would not be leaving my dogs alone in the RV with the air on.  I generally will be camping at the trial site where I am competing and while they are usually crated outside the RV, I'd like the option of putting them indoors if it is really hot.  If we leave the RV they go with me :))

Re the Boliy, my husband found some discussion with the distributors who said that there were some problems with the chokes on the first batch they got - about 6 out of the first 30 or so had a problem.  But they fixed that and they haven;t had any trouble since.  I think only about 500 have been imported though so not much feedback.

As we are putting the RV up for the winter soon, I'm going to hold off until next year to buy a generator so that might give me some time to get some reviews.
The price is really good on it so maybe that will encourage some competition.

Pat

I think I would wait and see how the Boliy Genset works out for others.  Since you are not in a big hurry you have time to wait and see.

I just recieved my Boliy generator last week and took it camping with us just this past weekend. it worked out great! It started on the second pull (might just needed to prime the carb up or something.) I did test the AC and ran fine (with econo mode off) and we camped at about 3500 feet. It powered the microwave (with econo on) and all the lights, tv, dvd player with no issues. The sound level is quiet and didnt get any complaints from the neighbours. The unit is light enough for one person, but is easy to move around with 2 (has 2 large handle on the top). Its a Yamaha clone (compare the cases, and ive seen exploded views of the engine compared to yamaha). So far no complaints.

RGSMDNR said:
I just recieved my Boliy generator last week and took it camping with us just this past weekend. it worked out great! It started on the second pull (might just needed to prime the carb up or something.) I did test the AC and ran fine (with econo mode off) and we camped at about 3500 feet. It powered the microwave (with econo on) and all the lights, tv, dvd player with no issues. The sound level is quiet and didnt get any complaints from the neighbours. The unit is light enough for one person, but is easy to move around with 2 (has 2 large handle on the top). Its a Yamaha clone (compare the cases, and ive seen exploded views of the engine compared to yamaha). So far no complaints.

I'm looking at this genset also.  Is your A/C a 15000 btu unit?  Was it necessary to turn off the A/C to run the microwave?  Last question, the thing that worries me is finding warranty service, if necessary.  Are there local dealers who can service it if it develops a problem?

Thanks
Gary

I didnt run the AC and micro at the same time (didnt think to try that). Im pretty sure my AC unit is 15000 btu. As for local dealers, im not too sure. im sure any shop that can work on generators can work on this unit.

Great to have someone on the forum that has one.  I'll be looking for your future comments on it as we are seriously considering it for next season.  Someone asked me about the price.  I think it is about $1000, right?

Pat

ya it was just under $1000. i had to pay $50 for shipping and $38 for duty (i live in Canada). but i think they offered free shipping in the US.

Back
Top Bottom