Furnace works sometimes?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kbhowe1

Hello all, I have a late model Coleman Sea Pine pop up and I am having problems with my furnace now. The furnace will only light sometimes, but not always. It usually works the first time I turn it on and it doesn't matter weather it's cold or hot outside. Everytime it comes on I can hear the fan start to kick on and then it trys to light. Somethimes it works and sometimes it doesn't. This last weekend while camping I left it on all night and I did hear it kick on but completely eratic. I have checked the air vent on the outside and it is not clogged. Any Ideas? is there a thermal couple that I can replace or clean even though I don't have a pilot light?

You must have adequate voltage for the sail switch to open and the burner to ignite.  Your fan comes on first (12-v), and then the ignitor kicks in, if you have the voltage.  Are you plugged in to campground electric or using your battery?  If plugged in, you need to give your converter a few minutes before putting a load on it.

We had a furnace on our last coach that would ignite the first time after being turned on but would not reignite after running. Unfortunately the problem was the control board. Many shops can test the board for you if you remove it and take it to them.

If you do have to replace it I would recommend a Dinosaur brand board.

First make sure your battery is good.  I have seen a bad battery cause similar problem even when plugged into shore power.  If the battery is confirmed good then go after the control board and have it tested.

Back
Top Bottom