Good times with Tom & Chris...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gary RV_Wizard

Site Team
Nancy & I have spent a delightful couple of days visiting Tom & Chris Jones, where we went after leaving the American Coach National Rally at Calistoga, CA in the Napa Valley.  Did a couple of maintenance projects on our coach, went shopping in Sacramento (needed a Fry's fix), did a lot of eating and probably far too much drinking but have had a marvelous time!  ;D 

Thursday we move on to southern CA and then begin our eastward journey.

As always, we've thoroughly enjoyed Gary and Nancy's company. Observing Gary's creative side at work in their coach was quite enlightening.

Gary was underwhelmed by Fry's not-so special prices, which left more money for Nancy to spend elsewhere. Sure enough, the ladies figured out how to fill the trunk of the car.

RV Roamer said:
Nancy & I have spent a delightful couple of days visiting Tom & Chris Jones, where we went after leaving the American Coach National Rally at Calistoga, CA in the Napa Valley.   

So was it a mini rally?  Were there any photos?  Inquiring minds want to  know.

Betty

Tom took a bunch at various times - perhaps he will post a few.

We are now in Orange Grove RV Park about 8 miles east of Bakersfield on the way to Tehachipi. Nice park for this part of the world, though the gal in the office just assigned a 45 foot Eagle to the site we are already on. The Eagle lady gave a peremptory rap on our door and wanted to know why we were on her site... Maybe she had a bad day - or maybe she figured her Eagle trumped our Tradition?

This park is a good stop for those headed over the pass - long and wide pull throughs with decent access roads and yo get wifi and cable as well as FHU.

RV Roamer said:
The Eagle lady gave a peremptory rap on our door and wanted to know why we were on her site... Maybe she had a bad day - or maybe she figured her Eagle trumped our Tradition?

Did you ask her to explain why she was assigned to your site? ??? ??? ;D ;D

Betty Brewer said:
Were there any photos?

I'll try to get some photos up later this evening. I've been busy on a project most of the day. Don't expect much though - I quickly glanced at my photos earlier and they weren't very good.

I thought the rule was "no pictures, no rally"??

Wendy
enjoying the lovely 70 temps and awesome views in Moab.....don't you wish you were here??

Ron had a different set of rules and Bernie had no restrictions  ;D

Ron said:
I guess in this case we were applying Tom's rules.

Rules for what  ???  I haven't claimed this to be a mini rally  ;)

Rules for what    I haven't claimed this to be a mini rally 
"AND WHY NOT?"  Said the man with nothing else to do but cause trouble.
Just going thru one of those moments where I must add my two cents.....    ......enjoy the BANTER.

I quickly glanced at my photos earlier and they weren't very good.

Come on Tom, we all know how you take such good pictures.  ;D ;D ;D

Gary,

Sometimes Eagle owners do that. Thankfully there are not many of them. Most are neat people.

Are you going up to the Tehachapi Loop? There's a road that goes up the mountain behind it and you can take a short hike up a trail and view the whole loop and then a few more steps to the top will allow you to view the S curves on the other side of the mountain. Neat place.

RV Roamer said:
Tom was "flashing"  everywhere!  ;)  He  bought a new pocket size camera at Fry's and was experimenting on us.

Oh shucks -- you were only about 25 or so miles from my location in the Roseville/Rocklin area, Gary. If the Fry's you visited was the one on Northgate Blvd. in Sacto. A new Fry's opened recently in Roseville (pics attached just before they opened) and for awhile you would have found better prices as they have been running a lot of specials lately to announce the grand opening. The one in Sacto was originally one of those RS Incredible Universe super stores that went belly up after only a few years. The Roseville store is very much like the fairly new one in Las Vegas -- and only a couple of miles from my rig. Of course, that can be a bad thing as well as a good thing. The farther away from See's Candies and Fry's is sometimes better for me. :)

If after Tahachapi you take the 40 to Needles, I hope you can spend a few days in Laoughlin. It's one of my favorite intermediate North/South stops. Also, activity in Quartzsite begins to pick up in October, so from Needles you could drop down the 95 to the 10, and there you are.

Safe travels as you head east . . .

Attachments

• FrysRoseville.jpg
    FrysRoseville.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 38
  • FrysLocomotive.jpg
    FrysLocomotive.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 32
Bob,

We went to the old Fry's on Northgate. Didn't think/realize they might have special deals at the Roseville one. I thought we might visit both but, by the time we came out of the first store, the ladies were at the checkout in Sam's Club (Truxle exit) and needed help loading their purchases. We loaded the car and it was time for a very late lunch at Mimi's Cafe.

The one in Sacto was originally one of those RS Incredible Universe super stores that went belly up after only a few years.

I pointed out the "Tandy Drive" street sign as we pulled into the parking lot, but I was under the misapprehension that this was previously Tandy's service center. I knew they had a service center close to Sacramento or Folsom and made an assumption first time I saw the street sign. Gary's not the first person I've given that wrong 'information' to  :-[

RV Roamer said:
Tom was "flashing"  everywhere!  ;)  He  bought a new pocket size camera at Fry's and was experimenting on us.

Can't believe I forgot to put film in the camera  :(

Here's the best I could salvage from the poor photos I took. They really aren't very complimentary to the subjects. I also wish I'd taken some photos of Gary's creative coach project.

• Nancy & Chris working on a project.
  • Still working on it.
  • Gary studies while Nancy and our friend Kathy look on.
  • Chow time.

Attachments

• Nancy_Chris.jpg
    Nancy_Chris.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Nancy_Chris2.jpg
    Nancy_Chris2.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 47
  • Gary_Nancy_Kathy.jpg
    Gary_Nancy_Kathy.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 57
  • chow_time.jpg