Rocky point (puerto Penasco) Mexico

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joester

we're heading back to RP after an almost 18 month break of not hanging around on the beach -
a few nights for a wedding in Los Conchas, then one night back at Playa de Oro rv park -
any changes I should know about? do the shrimp vendors still come into the rv park every day?
Sure have fond memories of coffee and baileys at dawn on the beach - followed by relaxing days, afternoon naps,
and margaritas back on the beach for sunset.
they have terrific tide action there - average days are 20' vertical low to high tides - at high tides, the water has a nice sandy bottom fun and easy for playing in the surf - and at low tides, you have to walk an extra 5 minutes out to the flat, low-lying tide pools  - with all sorts of critters in the pools.  can't wait.
any recent changes would be most appreciated - we'll wait until Monday to cross the border back at Lukeville, I remember Sundays can be busy at the border.
thanks

Joelster,
We haven't been to RP for a couple of years but have been thinking of going back this winter.  Let us know how it is.

I've never taken my motorcoach to Mexico and am looking forward to doing so.  I have taken a boat in the past so I have a number of questions:

- Which RV parks in Puerto Penasco have sites for 45 foot, 4 slide RVs?

- Do any of them have 50A service?

- What is the water supplied like?

- What are your recommendations for the best park?

Thanks,
Al

When do you plan to go Al? Sounds like a great trip.

Hi Tom,

I'm not sure.  We're up at Camp Monaco at the present and have no idea for how long.  After that we'd be visiting in CA (hope to see you, then) and then back to LV for T-day. 

My guess would be somewhere around Jan-Feb.

Maybe a caravan and mini-rally?  ;D

Al

AlGriefer said:
After that we'd be visiting in CA (hope to see you, then)

Give us a heads up when you're headed south.

Maybe a caravan and mini-rally?

Dave is/was planning to spend the winter in/around San Diego and we'd thought of spending a few weeks in/around Palm Springs, so a caravan might make sense. Haven't looked at the calendar (or the map) yet, so no commitment.

Turkey Day in LV, not San Jose?

Ah, that makes sense. Glad to hear the family will all celebrate TD together.

I'll check with Playa de Oro as to the 50 amp connections - site says they have 20 and 30 amp at each site -
not sure if they can be combined.
here's their website info:
http://www.playadeoro-rv.com/high.htm

of all the places I 've seen, I like it the best. There are a few more on the same beach - just can't remember the names.
the location is everything to me - and it's perfect for us.

this is not a resort - it's very Mexico - relaxed and friendlily, nothing fancy. drinking water is fine to hook up to.
[edit]Fixed link.[/edit]

A 20A plus a 30A doesn't make a 50A connection, unfortunately.  50A service is really 2x50A and in Mexico, I wouldn't be surprised if the 20A and 30A outlets were on the same circuit.

Al & Tom,

We would like to go to Puerto Penasco again so let's see if we can all caravan together.  We have taken our HMs to Mexico several times (on our own), once all the way down the Baja California peninsula.  That was a GREAT trip!  It took about 5 weeks.  Something to think of after Puerto Penasco.

By the way, immediately after Quartzsite (early February) is a good time to go to Puerto Penasco.

JerryF & Ardra

We have taken our HMs to Mexico several times (on our own)...

Sounds like we have experienced waggonmasters; You're hired.  ;D

I talked with Dave last evening and forgot to mention the possibility of a caravan to MX  :-[

What's the availability of spaces for 45 footers?  I sent notes to all the parks I could find, but only received one reply.  The Reefs said they had large enough spaces.  Do any others?  How is the Reef?

Al

made it back home safe, but never made it to Playa de Oro - the hacienda we went to in Las Conchas for the wedding was just so nice, we were invited to stay with the families another day, so we did.
I would strongly recommend Playa Bonita over the Reef - it's just nicer . try this link -

http://www.playabonitaresort.info/

the shrimp were tasty as ever.

Ned said:
A 20A plus a 30A doesn't make a 50A connection, unfortunately.  50A service is really 2x50A and in Mexico, I wouldn't be surprised if the 20A and 30A outlets were on the same circuit.

Last winter on our caravan to Mexico our wagonmaster's favorite answer to the question "Will the campground tonight have 50 Amp service?"  was "Sure, if you have enough cord to reach San Diego!"

Most of the 30 amp plugs were really overloaded 15-20 amp circuits with the voltage turned up to 140volts or so to stop the complaining.

Tom said:
I talked with Dave last evening and forgot to mention the possibility of a caravan to MX  :-[

Dave and Doc are both interested depending on the date.  Jerry has the most experience of the group; which park does he think is the best given the need for 45ft sites and hopefully 50 amps?

Al

Back
Top Bottom