Meeting up with Shayne

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

scottydl

Site Team
Hey all - I'm meeting up with Shayne today in Highland, IL just to say 'hi' and actually introduce myself (and my family) in person.  We have been traveling (in the RV of course) to visit family in Illinois and Missouri this weekend, and will be passing within 10 miles of where he and his wife are "camped out" (an auto body shop parking lot ;)) for a couple more weeks.  Anything anyone would like me to pass on?  He hasn't had computer access in a few weeks from what I understand, i.e. unable to receive e-mail or read this forum.

Shayne says hello to you all, and warns that he will be back online in about a week or two.  ;)  He's even better in person than his online self!  Seriously he's a great guy and embodies what the RV camaraderie and support is all about, so I've learned this summer as my family has taken the plunge into this lifestyle.  Shayne had nothing but positive things to say about everyone here on this forum, and I just happen to agree.  ;D

Anyway he's got a pretty sweet setup (full hookups) at this body shop in Highland, IL, and as he mentioned before the Pace has already been sold to some family friends who will take delivery in about a week.  We took the meeting opportunity to snap a couple photos, the 1st one below just he and I and the 2nd one including my wife.  Of course we managed to get the RV's in the frame, the back of my Residency on the right and the front of his Pace on the left.  8)

The 3rd photo is unrelated, but something I wanted to share... my boys helping me fill the RV tank today near the conclusion of our trip (almost home).  Actually meeting with Shayne must have been good luck, because I got 10.6 mpg from Highland, IL back north to home where the photo was taken.  Amazing!

Attachments

• meeting1.JPG
    meeting1.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 90
  • meeting2.JPG
    meeting2.JPG
    76.4 KB · Views: 81
  • pumps.JPG
    pumps.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 79
Great photos Scotty, thanks for sharing. Everything you say about Shayne is true.

Tom said:
Great photos Scotty, thanks for sharing. Everything you say about Shayne is true.

Ditto what Tom said.  Those boys look like they are very interested in what dad is doing.  Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the pictures, Scotty. Glad to see Shane looking so good. And you, too.... it's always nice to put a face to a name.

Wendy

Blush Blush on the kind words.  Gosh I didn't' realize the camera had a wide angle lens on it.  Had I known I would have donned slimmer line of clothing LOL.  But then I do contain that perfect figure  -48-48-48.  It's called the block assembly by Heaven Industries.  Of could standing nest to slim folks doesn't really address the fact that I'm on a diet.  LOL  Again it was fantastic meeting Scotty and family.

Back
Top Bottom