Snowbirds migrate south

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an RV or an interest in RVing!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tom

Administrator
The annual migration is underway. This is the time of year when many RVers who travel or spend their summers in cooler northern climates are flocking back to southern states again. Are you a snowbird? Feel free to tell us where you spent the summer and where you're headed for winter.

Well, with temps in the 90s here in Elkhart, IN, and freeze warnings out for parts of AZ, I'm wondering if we're really heading in the right direction :)

Sounds like the snowbirds should stay up north for a while longer  ;D

Ned said:
Well, with temps in the 90s here in Elkhart, IN, and freeze warnings out for parts of AZ, I'm wondering if we're really heading in the right direction :)

Good thought Ned.  We are here in Traverse City Mich with temps in the high 80/s outside and both AC running.  Things will change next week though.

Had to go over and uncover Sam's moms AC that I had covered up for her earlier in the week.  Guess I will cover it up again come Tuesday.

Tom said:
The annual migration is underway. This is the time of year when many RVers who travel or spend their summers in cooler northern climates are flocking back to southern states again. Are you a snowbird? Feel free to tell us where you spent the summer and where you're headed for winter.

Tom,

We had a nice rain storm in Salt Lake City yesterday.  It was good to get some needed water.  BUT, it laid down 17 inches of snow at the Collins ski lift shack on the hill above my house.  I plan to head toward Arizona early next week.

The storm is now headed for Traverse City, MI.  ;D

Phil

Tom said:
Sounds like the snowbirds should stay up north for a while longer  ;D

Does anyone consider Flagstaff as a snowbird refuge?  If so, then they might also consider Telluride or Alta.  8)

Phil said:
Tom,

We had a nice rain storm in Salt Lake City yesterday.  It was good to get some needed water.   BUT, it laid down 17 inches of snow at the Collins ski lift shack on the hill above my house.  I plan to head toward Arizona early next week.

The storm is now headed for Travis City, MI.  ;D

Phil

Gee glad it is going to Travis City instead of Traverse City, MI. ;D ;D :D

Ron said:
Gee glad it is going to Travis City instead of Traverse City, MI. ;D ;D :D

Oh Darn.  Thank goodness for the modify button.  :mad:

Phil said:
BUT, it laid down 17 inches of snow at the Collins ski lift shack on the hill above my house.

... and the photo?

Ron said:
Now why would you want to send that up here?

I didn't send it.  I would have been very happy to keep it around here for a few more days.  White mountain tops are very pretty as long it only rains in the valley.

Phil said:
I didn't send it.  I would have been very happy to keep it around here for a few more days.  White mountain tops are very pretty as long it only rains in the valley.
Hopefully it will blow its self out before arriving here. :D

Phil said:
I only go up the canyon to Alta in the summer.

Phil, is that the same excuse you use for non-posting of photos from QZ and Moab?  ;D

Our temp here was about the same as Gary's in Flag....it was 32 at 11 pm, got down to 24 around 5 am and didn't get back up over freezing until 10 am. Of course, it's a lovely 56 degrees here now.

And while, technically we're not heading south, more west, we are headed to warmer places for the winter....Death Valley for 3 months then Quartzsite followed by a Coke convention in Buena Park in February.

Wendy

Tom said:
Phil, is that the same excuse you use for non-posting of photos from QZ and Moab?  ;D

No Tom, I have many excuses.  :)

Attachments

• IMG_0999.JPG
    IMG_0999.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 69
LOL Phil, that's the first photo I've seen you post here. BTW who is that ugly guy in the photo?

Back
Top Bottom